Cheap web hosting is the perfect match for anyone starting a new website. If you find yourself a part of this group, keep in mind there’s no need to spend a fortune on a web host. Instead, you can find a superior price-value ratio to get quality features on a budget.
However, the thing with cheap web hosting services is that there are a ton of terrible options. So, it takes “a good eye” to separate good deals that deliver good service from scams.
Fortunately, our experts have taken over to facilitate your job. They have performed an independent study including dozens of cheap web hosting plans to separate the reputable companies worthy of your time and effort, further backed up by first-hand user reviews from all around the globe.
Short on Time? Check Our Best Cheap Hosting Providers
- Hostens – Best Cheap Web Hosting
- HostArmada – Best Cheap WordPress Hosting
- IONOS – Best Cheap Hosting For Europe
- ChemiCloud – Best Cheap Hosting for Beginners
- HostGator – Best Cheap Hosting for Scalability
- Verpex Hosting – Best Cheap Shared Hosting Plans
- Hostinger – Best Cheap Web Hosting for Reliability
- A2 Hosting – Best Cheap Email Hosting
- FastComet – Best Cheap Linux Hosting
- Bluehost – Best Cheap Web Hosting for Small Businesses
What Is Cheap Web Hosting and What to Expect from It?
As the name implies, cheap web hosting refers to web hosting services that are more affordable than the other hosting plans on the market. This term usually refers to shared hosting plans as the cheapest web hosting type. However, you can also find cheap VPS, WordPress, dedicated hosting, and more.
Now, you must be wondering, how do cheap web hosting companies manage to keep prices down?
- Shared hosting: You are getting a small portion of a server and its resources with shared hosting. There are other neighboring sites in the same shared hosting environment, meaning you get limited CPU, RAM, bandwidth, storage, and so on. Furthermore, other websites can harm your website performance, speed or security, and SEO. With VPS and dedicated servers, you can usually expect better reliability, pushing the price up.
- Essential features included: Adding more features to your subscription, such as increasing your storage, setting automated backups, staging sites, etc., significantly increases the plan’s price. In turn, cheap web hosting plans keep things simple. If you find the included features sufficient, you will get the most value for money.
- Better discounts on longer-term plans: This is a well-known practice among reputable web hosting companies. Usually, the provider will reward you for your loyalty – if you commit long term, you will get a better deal, thus paying a lower monthly fee.
- Initial discounts: Web hosting companies frequently increase their renewal rates. While you might get an excellent deal on your initial purchase, the price is very likely to increase on renewal.
Here Are the Best Cheap Hosting Providers For 2023
While you can choose from many affordable shared hosting solutions on the market, I recommend Hostens as the best cheap shared hosting – it’s a secure, low-cost, reliable provider, starting at $0.90/month.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.7
- Beginner Friendly: 4.4
- Customer Support: 4.4
- Overall Performance: 4.3
- Feature Set: 4.3
With Hostens, you can choose an annual shared hosting package and get a domain free of charge. And it doesn’t end there – databases, email accounts, cPanel, a free website builder, and more are also part of the deal!
Pricing: You can get a monthly, annual, biennial, or triennial plan with significant discounts and best deals in the long term, all of which are backed up with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Beginner Friendly: Quick setup once you issue payment, an easy installer for over 100 scripts and CMSs, free Website Builder, CloudLinux, and the popular cPanel.
Customer Support: 24/7 available, a proactive and qualified technical customer support that you can reach by email, live chat, or ticketing system.
Overall Performance: Server locations in Europe, the USA, and Asia, Apache web servers, 24/7/365 server monitoring, and more!
Feature Set: A comprehensive offer including email accounts, databases, PHP, Python, Ruby, Git, free Let’s Encrypt SSL, malware removal, Webmail, daily/weekly backups, etc.
Pros & Cons
- Cheap shared hosting optimized for the most popular CMSs worldwide (WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla)
- The price doesn’t increase on renewal (transparent pricing that you cannot find with other companies)
- Extremely affordable with many free goods (domain, backups, SSL)
- An uptime guarantee of 99.95% (which is a bit low)
- All plans have limited resources (no unlimited bandwidth)
I get it if you have chosen WordPress for your site. After all, it’s the number one CMS worldwide. And if I were you, I would complement it with HostArmada, the best cheap WP hosting available!
- Overall Score: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
- Beginner Friendly: 5.0
- Customer Support: 5.0
- Overall Performance: 5.0
- Feature Set: 4.9
HostArmada offers the best cheap WordPress hosting on the cloud. You’ll get a managed solution with free cPanel, free SSL, web server cache, daily backups, cloud SSD storage, and 24/7/365 support, starting at $2.99/month.
Pricing: You can pay every month, every year, every two or three years. You can benefit from better discounts on the longer-term plans and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Beginner Friendly: An easy-to-pilot service with the popular cPanel. You’ll quickly locate everything you need to operate your web hosting services and complete your goals within the Client Dashboard.
Customer Support: 24/7/365 availability over the ticketing system, phone, or chat. HostArmada also offers installations, updates, website transfers, restoring hacked websites, website development assistance, or consultation free of charge!
Overall Performance: WordPress-optimized servers with a low number of clients, multiple hosting locations, cloud SSD technology for 99.9% uptime, fast read/write times, and no hardware failures.
Feature Set: Comprehensive web hosting plans with many domains, caching and loading speed, security, technical support, cPanel, SSL, email, database, and development features.
Pros & Cons
- Lots of free goods included (daily backups, domain registration/transfer, website migration, SSL certificate)
- Incredible ease of use (cPanel, Softocaulous 1-click Installer, simple Website Builder)
- WordPress optimization and performance boost
- Some features are limited to the most expensive plan (Speed Reaper, Dynamic Caching)
- Renewal rates are significantly higher
WordPress hosting is the to-go for all WordPress website owners. And if you are one of them, I suggest you check out and get IONOS as one of the best WordPress hosting providers with outstandingly low prices. You can get 50 GB SSD storage, 15 GB RAM, and many free features, starting at only $1 a month!
- Overall Score: 2.7
- Pricing: 3.0
- Beginner Friendly: 2.7
- Customer Support: 2.0
- Overall Performance: 2.5
- Feature Set: 3.3
IONOS is one of Europe’s largest web hosting companies, known for its incredibly cheap hosting plans and reliable hosting services. It is home to over 12 million domains and has around 4,000 employees. Additionally, it provides ISO-certified security, sustainable data centers, and 24/7 expert customer support.
IONOS has no BBB listing (only applicable for U.S.-based companies). However, Trustpilot gave it 4.1 stars out of five (with more than 16,745 user reviews).
Pricing: IONOS provides one of the cheapest offers on the market. All plans are 50% off or more for the first year, and if you are not satisfied with the service, you can get a refund with its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Beginner Friendly: IONOS provides its own custom control panel as the main dashboard. It is incredibly user-friendly and intuitive, making it perfect for beginners. It also has a significant knowledge base and startup and digital guides.
Customer Support: IONOS takes customer support seriously. Its expert team is available via phone, cloud support, and live chat. It also has a vast resource center with many solutions and tutorials. Moreover, you can get your consultant who will support and coach you every step of the way.
Overall Performance: IONOS provides a 99.98% uptime guarantee and maintains data centers in the UK, the Netherlands, France, Germany, and the US. It also provides 3x faster speeds through its SSD servers and caching plugins.
Feature Set: Cheap WordPress hosting with free and paid features, including a free domain name, customizable automatic updates, DDoS and malware protection, daily backups, and unlimited traffic.
Pros & Cons
- Intuitive and beginner-friendly custom control panel
- A 99.98% uptime guarantee and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Robust security features
- Higher renewal fees and some hidden costs
If you are just starting out in the web hosting world and are looking for a provider that will make it easy for you to find your way, look no further than ChemiCloud. I would recommend it to all beginners and experts alike. With its shared hosting plan, you can get 20 GB NVMe storage, unlimited bandwidth, and many other free goods for just $2.99 per month!
- Overall Score: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
- Beginner Friendly: 5.0
- Customer Support: 5.0
- Overall Performance: 5.0
- Feature Set: 5.0
ChemiCloud is one of the best and cheapest all-rounders on the market. It offers a reliable cloud platform, 24/7 industry-leading support, and a truly global presence with nine top-tier data centers. Additionally, it provides an excellent 45-day money-back guarantee in case the two of you don’t work out!
ChemiCloud does not have a BBB listing (only applicable for US-based companies). However, Trustpilot gives it 4.9 stars out of five (with more than 462 user reviews).
Pricing: You can save up to 70% on your first invoice if you purchase a ChemiCloud plan. You can also choose between a monthly, annual, biennial, and triennial plan. In addition, you can select various payment methods and use the 45-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like the service.
Beginner Friendly: ChemiCloud is extremely simple to navigate. It offers its own powerful control panel with many easy-to-use features. Additionally, it also provides the cPanel for all those who prefer it. It has many one-click installers and a modern and intuitive dashboard.
Customer Support: Industry-leading customer support is available 24/7 via live chat, email, tickets, and phone support. It also has a vast knowledge base and provides many helpful video tutorials.
Overall Performance: It provides a 99.99% uptime guarantee and has an incredible 156 ms response time. It has premium data centers at nine locations across the world that use LiteSpeed web servers.
Feature Set: ChemiCloud provides affordable, reliable, and ultra-fast hosting plans that include free daily backups, free SSL, Softaculous, unlimited bandwidth, free website migration, and free domain registration or transfer.
Pros & Cons
- 99.99% uptime guarantee and a 45-day money-back guarantee
- Extremely user-friendly and intuitive dashboard
- It has multiple data center locations across the world
- The money-back guarantee does not apply to additional services like domains
If you want to have all the hosting types in one place and easily scale your resources, I recommend HostGator. You can get started with its shared hosting plan and get 10 GB disk space, unlimited bandwidth, and many other features for $2.75 per month, and scale up as much as you need to!
- Overall Score: 3.7
- Pricing: 3.8
- Beginner Friendly: 3.8
- Customer Support: 3.6
- Overall Performance: 3.7
- Feature Set: 3.8
HostGator is one of the most experienced affordable providers that offers plenty of room for websites to grow. It’s home to two million websites, provides a plethora of web hosting options, and has 24/7/365 expert customer support. If you don’t like its service, you can get your money back with its 30-day money-back guarantee.
HostGator has no BBB listing (only applicable for US-based companies). However, Trustpilot awards it 3.9 stars out of five (with more than 2,997 user reviews).
Pricing: You can save up to 73% on your first invoice across all plans. Additionally, all HostGator promotions, coupons, and special offers apply to customers during their initial term. And if you don’t like the service, you can get a refund via its 45-day money-back guarantee.
Beginner Friendly: HostGator is known among customers for its easy-to-use control panel, many tutorials, and many one-click installs. It also supports the cPanel and integrates with the most popular apps, like WordPress, Magento, Drupal, and others.
Customer Support: HostGator provides expert 24/7/365 customer support that you can access via live chat, social media, and phone. It also has a vast knowledge base and blog, where you can find many solutions and tips.
Overall Performance: It provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee, easy WordPress installs, and Cloudflare CDN with some plans.
Feature Set: Affordable web hosting with amazing features, including unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email addresses, free domain transfers, one-click WordPress installs, and a free domain for the first year.
Pros & Cons
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Simple to navigate and intuitive dashboard
- Free site transfers and SSL
- Many one-click installs and hosting types
- Customer support is only available via live chat for the cheapest plans
- Many features are not available in cheaper plans
A shared hosting plan is the best place to start if you are a beginner in the web hosting industry. If I were you, I would get Verpex as the best cheap hosting – you can get a shared web hosting plan with 10GB bandwidth, 1GB SSD disk space, and lots of free goods starting at a remarkable $0.50/month!
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Pricing: 5.0
- Beginner Friendly: 4.9
- Customer Support: 4.9
- Overall Performance: 4.9
- Feature Set: 4.8
Verpex is the best cheap shared hosting on the cloud, powered by the industry gold standard, the cPanel. You can also count on its reliable 24/7 customer support, fast speeds, worldwide reach, and a 45-day money-back guarantee if the service doesn’t work for your business!
Verpex does not have a BBB listing (only applicable for U.S.-based companies), however, Trustpilot awards them 4.7 stars out of five (with more than 115 user reviews).
Pricing: Verpex offers 90% off your first month and great deals on the annual plans. You can use different payment methods and benefit from an incredible 45-day money-back guarantee.
Beginner Friendly: It’s one of the easiest to use cheap web hosting services, powered by the cPanel, one-click installs, and Softaculous. The Knowledge Base is available for further assistance!
Customer Support: Expert technical support available 24/7/365 that’s happy and qualified to answer all of your questions. You can reach them using live chat or via phone.
Overall Performance: LiteSpeed web servers, SSD storage, a worldwide network of servers, and more!
Feature Set: Cheap shared web hosting with free domain registration/transfer, SSL certificates, migrations, daily backups, unlimited email accounts, databases, and domain aliases.
Pros & Cons
- The cheapest shared hosting plans available on the market
- Incredibly easy to use, even for first-time users (cPanel, Softaculous)
- Reliable customer assistance with 99.9% support case resolution
- 99.5% uptime guarantee on the entry-level plan (lower than competitors)
Hostinger is a renowned provider that has been in the hosting industry for some time now. It is known for its affordable prices, feature-rich plans, scalable resources, and top-tier data centers located across four continents. Additionally, all services come with a 99.99% uptime guarantee, ensuring that your site is always up and running.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Performance: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: The cheapest web hosting plan Hostinger offers costs $1.99 and includes hosting for one website, 50 GB SSD storage, weekly backups, unlimited bandwidth, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: Hostinger offers many free and paid features, including SSD storage, free migration, unlimited bandwidth, free SSL, CDN, managed WordPress, a drag-and-drop website builder, AI website creation, 200+ templates, AI SEO, DDoS protection, Web Application Firewall, malware scanner, and BitNinja security.
Performance: The provider offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee across all services. It has data centers in the USA, Lithuania, Singapore, Brazil, the UK, and the Netherlands. Hostinger also uses the latest Intel Xeon processors and NVMe SSD storage.
Support: You can contact Hostinger’s 24/7 customer support via live chat and email. It also maintains an extensive knowledge base filled with multiple articles, tutorials, and guides.
User Friendly: Hostinger is known among customers as one of the most beginner-friendly providers out there. Hostinger also offers guided setups and one-click installs, making many site-related tasks quite easy and simple.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable hosting plans
- Free weekly backups
- Robust security features
- LiteSpeed cache
- The drag-and-drop builder is a bit slow
Whether you need email to run your simple website, manage your online store, or need email accounts for your employees, I suggest getting A2 Hosting as the best cheap email server hosting!
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.7
- Beginner Friendly: 4.7
- Customer Support: 4.7
- Overall Performance: 4.7
- Feature Set: 4.7
A2 Hosting email hosting is best suited for small businesses and personal use. You’ll get free email and unlimited email addresses to associate with your domain. And if you need more capacity, you can always upgrade and host your email app on a VPS or a dedicated server!
Pricing: You can get email hosting on the cheapest shared hosting plans starting at $2.99/month and get a full refund within 30 days if you are unsatisfied with the service.
Beginner Friendly: Simple and flexible email management via cPanel, abundant storage space, and collaborative tools to manage emails and schedule tasks effectively.
Customer Support: You can get A2 Hosting support from its 24/7/365 Guru Crew support team via live chat, phone, or ticketing system.
Overall Performance: A2 Hosting offers a 99.9% uptime commitment, zero data loss, anti-virus scanners, security measures to protect you from spam, malware, ransomware, phishing attacks, and other threats.
Feature Set: Free email included in all A2 accounts; each account comes loaded with the most popular email features (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, spam protection, filters, and more), SpamAssassin, etc.
Pros & Cons
- Lightning-fast email hosting solutions (up to 20x faster turbo servers)
- Webmail Software (featuring pre-installed Horde, Squirrelmail, and RoundCube)
- Compatible with all major browsers and native Android and iOS apps
- Pretty limited email storage on shared and WordPress hosting (15GB per email account)
- Monthly plans are pretty expensive (you can get better deals on the longer term)
I suggest FastComet to anyone looking for an affordable hosting solution for their Linux distribution. Its performance will exceed your expectations, and you’ll indeed fall in love with the features!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.8
- Beginner Friendly: 4.8
- Customer Support: 4.9
- Overall Performance: 4.8
- Feature Set: 4.8
FastComet offers the cheapest Linux hosting. Whether you’re starting a new site or wish to transfer your old one, you’ll get immediate activation or express transfer service free of charge. And it only gets better from that point and on!
Fastcommet does not have a BBB listing (only applicable for U.S.-based companies), however, Trustpilot awards them 4.9 stars out of five (with more than 2,253 user reviews).
Pricing: One of the cheapest offers on the market (best value for money) starting at $2.95/month backed up with a 100% satisfaction or a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Beginner Friendly: You’ll get web hosting powered by the cPanel for easy point-and-click management of your hosting account and a 1-click marketplace with over 450 apps.
Customer Support: Customers benefit from free 24/7 priority support with instant chat response.
Overall Performance: FastComet utilizes SSD-only storage for files and databases, multiple server locations, provides global CDN access, and focuses on achieving just-a-second load time for your website content.
Feature Set: The cheapest web hosting plans with free domain transfer, daily and weekly backups, managed migrations, RocketBooster, Let’s Encrypt, SpamExperts, WAF, malware scans, reports, and more!
Pros & Cons
- Superior performance on a cloud infrastructure
- Incredible ease of use (cPanel, 1-click app marketplace, step-by-step tutorials)
- Unlimited 24/7 priority support from in-house experts
- Prices significantly increase on renewal
- Some features are locked to the priciest plans (such as RocketBooster)
Bluehost is an excellent web hosting provider that offers everything you need to create, host, and manage your small business website in one place. With Bluehost, you can register a domain, transfer your old one, use the website builder to create your site, and host it. So, if you want an all-in-one solution for your small business website, Bluehost is your answer!
- Overall Score: 2.8
- Pricing: 2.9
- Features: 3.0
- Performance: 2.8
- Support: 2.7
- User Friendly: 2.8
Pricing: Bluehost offers four web hosting plans that you can get for one or three years. The yearly starter plan costs $2.95/month and includes 10GB SSD storage and hosting for one website.
Features: Bluehost offers Cloudflare CDN, server-level caching, high-speed SSD storage, two types of SSL Certificates – Let’s Encrypt and Comodo, CodeGuard backups, SiteLock, one-click WordPress installs, automatic malware scans, a WordPress Academy, and more.
Performance: With Bluehost, you’ll get improved page load speeds thanks to its SSD-powered storage. Also, the provider offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Support: You’ll get 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone, and social media. Also, you can use the knowledge base to access guides, tutorials, and how-to articles.
User Friendly: Bluehost is super easy to use and offers an intuitive onboarding process that shows you everything you need to know. It has many one-click services, cPanel, and auto WordPress installs.
Pros & Cons
- Easy-to-use services and features that are suitable for beginners.
- Super-affordable prices with a lot of features and tools included.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 customer support.
- Prices are higher on renewal (but are still worth the money).
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
How We Ranked and How You Should Choose the Best Provider for You?
- Ease Of Setup, Use, and Customer Support10%
- Overall Reliability and Performance15%
- Feature Set15%
- User Reviews30%
We take a lot of time and invest many resources to decide which cheap web hosting provider makes the cut. Our team of professionals engages in independent and exhaustive testing procedures to evaluate every host and pick the best of the best. HostAdvice experts open an account with each web host, click, chat, call, and work through all steps you would perform as a customer.
More importantly, we test specifically for each category. Our experts have established the most important categories that make the ideal cheap web host. Once we rate the provider in each category, we weigh the ratings into a single score based on their assigned importance for cheap web hosting.
Obviously, we factored in pricing heavily since we tested cheap web hosting. But that’s not where it ends. User reviews also back up our independent studies. We assign this category a significant weight because it’s based on real-life experiences of people with different knowledge, experience, skill and from different parts of the world.
Here are the rating categories and the weights our AI technology uses to rank the best cheap web hosting services:
- Pricing (30%): The price is the most important criterion when looking for a cheap web hosting provider. Since you are paying monthly, each dollar can make a difference. However, a rock-bottom price can also mean a rock-bottom experience. So, the key to success is finding the proper balance between the two. We’ve selected super-affordable yet quality plans with transparent pricing. If you were to choose for yourself, it would be best to pay attention to initial prices vs. renewal rates. Here, it would help if you considered upfront costs and the costs of additional features. Contract terms are also essential. Is the web host locking you to grant you the best price? If you pay for the longer-term on your initial purchase, you’ll enjoy the first-time discount longer. However, at the same time, you’ll incur higher expenditures (you must pay up-front and in-full). So, you’re facing many trade-offs that you should assess and weigh properly.
- Ease Of Setup, Use, and Customer Support (10%): The best cheap website hosting companies target first-time users, startups, and SMBs. These entities have limited knowledge in the industry; they don’t usually have in-house development teams or any experience in this regard. So, the plan must feature incredible ease of use. You should be able to set it up quickly; get a beginner-friendly control panel, such as the industry gold cPanel, 1-click installs, proper guidance, and 24/7 customer support. The support team should be available to guide you through all tasks and issues you might encounter (via live chat, email, or phone). Availability of tutorials and a knowledge base is also a plus.
- Overall Reliability and Performance (15%): Selecting a web host based solely on price is the number one mistake you can make. Uptime, speed, and security are KEY for any web hosting service you might ever buy. Even the cheapest web hosting providers must be able to keep your site up and running at all times – downtime translates to a loss of website visitors. Slow loading speeds mean the same. It would be best to look for an uptime guarantee of 99.95% and above, fast loading speeds to improve your customers’ experience, a well-dispersed server network globally, and robust security at a minimum.
- Feature Set (15%): Speaking of a price to value ratio, you must consider what you will get for free in your cheap web hosting plan. What are the domain, traffic, storage, bandwidth, or RAM limits? Do you get free transfers, SSLs, backups, email accounts? Can you expect other tools, such as website builders or ad credits? If not, you much will you have to pay for these extras? The best web hosting services grant you all needed resources from the sole beginning so that you can get online immediately, without overspending on add-ons.
- User Reviews (30%): We especially value honest, transparent, and first-hand insights from customers worldwide. We take the time to separate false or bought reviews to present an objective picture of the situation. And it would help if you did the same – never rely on what the web host has to say, but prioritize third-party opinions instead. Consider the brand’s reputation, past incidents and downtime concerns, awards, and recognitions.
What Features Should I Expect to Get in A Cheap Web Hosting Service?
Let’s get into more details. Now that you know how it works on the provider’s side let’s see what you can expect in return. While the cheap web hosting provider pushes costs down, the question is, what features can you expect in your package?
First things first, different cheap web hosting plans prioritize different features. You cannot expect the same from the best cheap dedicated servers and cheap shared hosting. So, the offer primarily depends on the type of hosting you choose – shared, VPS, dedicated servers, WordPress, cloud hosting, and so on.
Still, what you’ll come to realize is that most cheap hosting plans emphasize things like the number of websites, traffic, storage, email accounts, or domains included. In general, you can expect to get one website, a domain name, subdomains, unlimited bandwidth, lots of storage, backups, SSL certificate, email accounts, a beginner-friendly control panel, 1-click installs, many app integrations, a website builder, and other extras.
At last, you should expect to find many affordable subscriptions and pricing terms, including monthly, annual, biennial, or triennial. Typically, paying an upfront fee and committing to the long term will grant you a better deal.
Cheap Web Hosting – For Whom Is It Suitable?
The cheapest web hosting plans might be sufficient for anyone willing to make the trade-off for price savings. You’ll probably have to give up some advanced features with these solutions. Still, the plan might be sufficient for your needs. For instance, if you are just starting your blog, have a WordPress site, or the provider has an extraordinary deal with many features, cheap web hosting will indeed “cut it.”
When you are first venturing into web hosting, the key to success is keeping your costs low. At this point, it’s best to start with cheap shared hosting – you’ll get all necessary resources to get your site online, in-depth guidance, 24/7 customer support, and a beginner-friendly control panel, such as the cPanel, with 1-click installs. Does it get easier than that?
Then, of course, if you outgrow cheap web hosting services, you can always upgrade to a premium hosting solution or a managed hosting plan. Once you start getting more traffic, you can start worrying about the fancier add-ons.
Free Vs. Cheap Web Hosting
If you are browsing for the best cheap hosting, you might think to yourself: “Why wouldn’t I go for free web hosting instead?” Well, if I were you, I would avoid free web hosting services at all costs. See, while you think they are one and the same, there are significant differences between the two.
Free web hosting plans allow you to create and get your site online entirely free of charge. Unfortunately, these solutions come with several attached disadvantages.
First, your website’s URL will most likely contain the hosting provider’s name. Furthermore, the free web hosting company might display its brand on your site or run ads. While all of this might not sound too “endangering” to you, it significantly harms your SEO and website security. Other websites on the same network, or the provider itself, might hurt your privacy and the safety of your visitors.
Next, even the cheapest web hosting plans offer far more features than free hosting. With the latter, you’ll get minimal resources, such as storage or bandwidth, which will most probably be insufficient for running your site.
Customer support is yet another negative factor – you cannot expect technical assistance if you are not paying for it. The best cheap web hosting plans, on the other hand, have a support team available on-demand, 24/7/365. If you encounter any issue, they will be available to guide you through the process or resolve it entirely.
To sum up, there’s nothing wrong with getting a free web hosting plan if you want to give hosting services a try. However, I wouldn’t suggest it for websites with existing visitors or a customer base. If you want your site to look professional and function properly, you’ll want to stay away from this offer. Instead, you can select the best cheap website hosting, combining the best of both worlds.
What Makes A Good Cheap Web Host?
Here’s a checklist of all factors you need to look for in the best cheap web hosting plans:
- A variety of plans and subscription terms: cheap shared, VPS, dedicated hosting, WordPress, cloud hosting plans; availability of monthly, annual, 2-year, 3-year pricing terms, etc.
- Excellent introductory rates and transparent pricing: you should get a discount on your initial purchase, but know what renewal rates to expect in the future
- An uptime guarantee of at least 99.95% or above: the cheap web host should keep your site online and compensate you for any losses
- Speed-optimization: worldwide server network, SSD drives, fast servers, caching, Cloudflare CDN
- Security features, such as firewalls, SSL certificates, or backups
- The essentials: free website, domain name registration, sufficient hardware and software features, email, and so on.
- Enough storage and bandwidth: even cheap shared hosting should be able to support your website requirements, thus providing enough CPU, RAM, storage, bandwidth, and other hardware components.
- Only a few constraints: sure, a cheap web hosting plan will come with certain limitations regarding operating system, programming language compatibility, plugins, and so on—still, the less, the better.
- Scaling potential: if you exceed the limits of your cheap web hosting plan, you should be able to upgrade to another plan of the same company or a new provider altogether.
- Customer support: technical assistance is a must. The best cheap web hosting plans offer round-the-clock support via live chat, phone, email, or a ticketing system.
- A money-back guarantee: if the plan is not up to your standards, the provider should return your money in a prespecified refund period.
Cheap Web Hosting: Final Recommendations
Getting your site online doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Still, you must be careful to choose the best cheap web hosting for your needs from a reputable company with a history of dependable service. If not, your cheap web hosting plan can cost you a lot more than you initially thought.
As mentioned, the cheapest web hosting usually refers to shared hosting plans. But it doesn’t always have to be that way. As you can spot, the market has evolved to the degree that providers offer cheap VPS, WordPress, email hosting, dedicated servers, and more!
So, what’s the best place to start? It’s by evaluating what you need and determining your budget. Only then will you be able to match your resources to your requirements. Remember to compare different providers at the same level – if two companies don’t offer the same benefits, comparing their prices isn’t worth your time. You want to get the best value for your money!
At the same time, remember to check the brand reputation. While everything might look good “on paper,” the reality can be a whole lot different. So, it would be best to read user reviews from customers who have purchased cheap web hosting services from the company or experts with years of experience who have the needed skill to rate the provider. Either way, don’t rely on empty promises, but real-time performance instead!