Even with minimal research, you’ll immediately find that cPanel is the most popular control panel worldwide. And it’s for a reason. It’s incredibly beginner-friendly and easy to learn and navigate for newbies, developers, and experienced professionals alike.
If you go for cPanel hosting, you’ll benefit from one of the most comprehensive server control panels available. It will help you take care of basic configuration tasks, facilitate maintenance, security, troubleshooting, etc., thus saving you time, nerves, and money. But unfortunately, as time goes by, web hosts either switch to alternatives or charge extra for the industry-gold cPanel. So, finding the best cPanel web hosting is like looking for a diamond among rocks.
On the good side, our experts have carefully filtered, tested, and vetted all web hosts offering cPanel support to deliver you the best of the best. In this article, you can learn the crucial considerations for choosing top cPanel hosting, its respective pros and cons, and the perfect time to invest in one such solution.
Yet again, you might be in a rush, so here are our ten best cPanel hosting recommendations.
Check Our Top cPanel Hosting Providers
The Best cPanel Hosting Services Of 2023 (Bought and Tested):
Reseller hosting is becoming a more popular source of income with each passing day. If I were you, I would wait no longer and get into the game as soon as possible. The best cPanel reseller hosting on the market is, without any doubt, HostArmada, so I suggest precisely that one to beat your competitors.
- Overall Score: 5.0
- Server Performance: 5.0
- cPanel Features: 5.0
- Hosting Essentials: 5.0
- Scalability Options: 4.9
- Plans & Pricing: 4.9
HostArmada is a cheap cPanel reseller hosting provider, delivering massive earning potential and scaling growth. You can expect white label reseller hosting with private nameservers, and 140 cPanel accounts for only $20.99 per month.
Server Performance: You can trust HostArmada’s cloud infrastructure with your clients’ websites; 99.9% uptime, a stable environment with a small number of clients per server, native SSD units that power your reseller plan, LiteSpeed web server, LS cache plugin, and more.
cPanel Features: You will get the latest stable cPanel version, 1-click application installer, account restoration from backup, FTP accounts, file manager, Git, MySQL databases, domains/subdomains/aliases/redirects, resource usage, multiple PHP versions, cron jobs, etc.
Hosting Essentials: All cPanel reseller hosting plans include free SSL, free website transfer, unlimited FTP accounts, databases, email accounts, subdomains, multiple PHP versions, a free drag & drop SiteBuilder, free app install & upgrade, 1-click WP install, 24/7 human support, daily backups, Speed Reaper features, dynamic caching, malware scan, removal, WAF & IP, free Whitelabel.
Scalability Options: With HostArmada, you can grow your reseller web hosting plan up to 120GB SSD storage, 140 cPanel accounts, 6TB bandwidth, and unlimited websites, which is more than enough.
Plans & Pricing: HostArmada offers four cheap cPanel reseller hosting plans, starting at $8.99 per month for 40GB SSD storage, 50 cPanel accounts, 1.5TB bandwidth, and unlimited websites, along with all extras mentioned above. All plans also include a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Pros & Cons
- Unlimited control and easy management of all your clients (cPanel & WHM)
- Improved website speed (SSD Storage with high I/O capacity for your cPanel accounts)
- Superior security practices (account isolation and resource management, WAF, malware detection and cleanup, DDoS protection)
- Prices significantly increase on renewal (you get 70% off on the first purchase, so the best way to benefit from this discount is to sign for the longest-term plan)
Are you looking for the cheapest cPanel hosting, but shared hosting is no longer sufficient? If I were you, I would look no further; Kamatera is the best cheap cPanel VPS hosting you can find, and it’s for several reasons.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Server Performance: 5.0
- cPanel Features: 4.7
- Hosting Essentials: 4.8
- Scalability Options: 5.0
- Plans & Pricing: 5.0
Kamatera offers both Windows and Linux-based servers with no upfront costs and no commitment. You can choose from a few panels, including cPanel/WHM for Linux, WebsitePanel for Windows, and Parallels Plesk for both.
Server Performance: You can launch your service from any location worldwide; choose from 13 data centres, enjoy a cloud infrastructure with a 99.95% uptime guarantee, and the most technologically advanced products on the market for your business.
cPanel Features: Kamatera allows you to build your own cloud VPS. You can choose from cPanel Admin for up to 5 accounts, cPanel Pro for up to 30, or cPanel Premier for up to 100 accounts.
Hosting Essentials: You’ll be in full control of your server, get unlimited storage, root access, proprietary API, technical support 24/7, choice of operating systems, server configurations, etc.
Scalability Options: With Kamatera, you’ll benefit from instant scaling up or down as required. You can add or take away hardware components (CPU, RAM, disk storage, load balancers, firewalls), launch a brand new cloud server, or even clone your server simply by logging into the cloud management console and clicking on the desired option.
Plans & Pricing: You can start for free with Kamatera’s 30-day free trial, pay hourly or by the minute, and only for what you use. Kamatera’s cloud servers offer unbeatable pricing starting at $0.005 per hour for one vCPU, 1,024MB RAM, 20GB SSD, 5,000GB internet traffic, and one Public IP. Better yet, you can cancel anytime if you are not 100% satisfied.
Pros & Cons
- Flexible cloud VPS plans that you can adjust to your needs
- High-performance cloud infrastructure with excellent speed and uptime
- Incredible customer support is available round the clock to assist you in all quests
- cPanel costs extra (additional $25 for five cPanel accounts, $36 for 30, and $54 for up to 100)
- Extended daily backups cost an additional $3 per month
I found in my complete review that FastComet is the number one best cPanel hosting currently available on the market. It offers cPanel-based website management on all shared hosting, cloud VPS, and dedicated servers.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Server Performance: 4.8
- cPanel Features: 5.0
- Hosting Essentials: 4.9
- Scalability Options: 4.8
- Plans & Pricing: 4.7
FastComet is a user-friendly solution, granting you cPanel & Softaculous, free app install & upgrade, over 350 free templates, free Drag & Drop Website Builder, and 1-click WordPress install on all plans!
Server Performance: The FastCloud will exceed your expectations with SSDs for 300% faster access, 11 enterprise-class data centres, free Cloudflare CDN to distribute your content worldwide and boost your speed, 99.9% uptime commitment, and a 100% transparency guarantee.
cPanel Features: You can expect the latest cPanel version, Softaculous 1-click auto-installer, over 300 free apps, live applications demo, app auto-updates, 1-click restore manager, FTP accounts, FTP manager, file manager, multiple PHP versions, cron jobs, and much more!
Hosting Essentials: Even the cheapest FastComet cPanel shared hosting plan provides a free website and domain transfer, daily backups, Let’s Encrypt SSL, BitNinja server security, unlimited databases, FTP accounts, subdomains, multiple PHP versions, and 24/7 human support.
Scalability Options: FastComet allows you to start small and scale up from there, as you can upgrade or downgrade at any time. If you need a custom solution, its team can also assist you with your choice. You can ask for guidance anytime using its live chat option. You’ll also get a usage monitor via the hosting account control panel.
Plans & Pricing: With FastComet, you can start your site in minutes for $2.95 per month; this is the cheapest plan, appropriate for a single website with 15GB SSD space and 25,000 unique visits per month. You can also expect a sufficient money-back policy (45 days on shared hosting plans, seven days for VPS, and dedicated CPU servers).
Pros & Cons
- Incredible ease of use, regardless of your skills and experience
- The most extensive cPanel features and scalability
- Excellent server performance and speed
- No unlimited traffic on any shared hosting plan (the plans are limited to “fair usage”)
- Cloud VPS and dedicated hosting plans also come with bandwidth restrictions
- 99.9% uptime commitment, which is a bit low
Website speed affects user experience, customer satisfaction, conversion rates, sales, profits, and SEO rankings. If any of those is your priority, I highly recommend getting A2 Hosting – it will handle nine times more traffic than other web hosts while boosting your site speed.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Server Performance: 4.8
- cPanel Features: 4.8
- Hosting Essentials: 4.7
- Scalability Options: 4.8
- Plans & Pricing: 4.6
A2 Hosting offers the fastest cPanel hosting. It includes the industry gold cPanel for free in each plan. Still, what makes the company unique are its turbo servers, offering 20x faster load times than average. Better yet, that’s only the start of it – the host has much more to provide!
Server Performance: Top cPanel hosting plans with leading server performance; choice of a data centre, 99.9% uptime commitment, free CDN, and Turbo Servers for 20x faster page loads, meaning better SEO rankings, lower bounce rates, and higher conversion rates.
cPanel Features: A2 Hosting is effortless to use with the award-winning cPanel, Softaculous with 1-click install for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, PrestaShop, and more, free Website Builder, easy drag and drop editing, free, attractive themes, and fast website publishing.
Hosting Essentials: You can expect an all-in-one package with SSD storage, unlimited transfer, free and easy website migration, unlimited email accounts, free SSL, website staging, and a friendly and knowledgeable support team available 24/7/365.
Scalability Options: You can start small with cPanel shared hosting and upgrade to VPS, dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting plans, or even reseller hosting. A2 Hosting includes the cPanel-based site management across its entire offer, so the growth opportunities are almost endless.
Plans & Pricing: You can give A2 Hosting’s high-speed hosting service a try completely risk-free with its money-back guarantee. You can start at $2.99 per month for cPanel shared hosting – 1 website, 100GB SSD storage, and unlimited transfer.
Pros & Cons
- Above-average server speeds (Turbo Servers for up to 20x faster web hosting)
- Excellent cPanel features to get you up and running in no time (Softaculous, easy-to-use Website Builder)
- A variety of plans available (monthly, annual, triennial shared, VPS, WordPress, dedicated, and reseller cPanel hosting)
- Prices significantly increase on renewal
- Pretty expensive month-to-month billing options (the best deal is for the 3-year plan)
Cloudways delivers unique WordPress web hosting from the top IaaS providers. You can choose from DigitalOcean, AWS, Google Cloud, Vultr, and Linode. Personally, I’d go with it for the ultimate performance, high security, and constant availability.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Server Performance: 4.8
- cPanel Features: 4.2
- Hosting Essentials: 4.7
- Scalability Options: 4.8
- Plans & Pricing: 4.6
Cloudways might as well be the best alternative to cPanel. Anyone, not just developers, can use it. You’ll get a visual platform to manage your websites, where everything takes half the time and half the clicks it takes with cPanel.
Server Performance: SSD hosting for maximum speed and reliability, built-in cache, optimised stack with Apache and NGINX web servers, PHP-FPM and MySQL/MariaDB databases, multiple PHP versions, Cloudflare, and Breeze plugin.
cPanel Features: Cloudways is another provider that doesn’t utilise the standard cPanel, but is a more advanced alternative. It has a powerful in-house solution that is very straightforward and allows you to manage your server easily. For File Manager, you will be required to access your web application through SFTP or SSH (such as FileZilla, PuTTY, etc.).
Hosting Essentials: You can expect unlimited WordPress websites, 1-click actions, block storage, vertical scaling, dedicated firewalls, SSL certificates, login security, IP whitelisting, app isolation, database security, Git, SSH/SFTP, 1-click cloning, staging URLs, and much more.
Scalability Options: Cloudflare offers you the ultimate flexibility. You won’t have to sign any contracts or pay a fixed amount for the hosting resources you don’t use. Instead, you can scale on-demand with no limits.
Plans & Pricing: You can choose from standard and premium plans from five cloud providers. You can pay hourly or monthly, starting at $0.0139 per month for 1GB RAM, 1 Core processor, 25GB storage, and 1TB bandwidth.
Pros & Cons
- Over 60 worldwide data centres (choose the one closest to your target location for optimal latency and page load times)
- Incredible flexibility on the cloud (pay-as-you-go plans that adapt to your budget)
- 24/7 support (team of experts, ticketing system, active community, support add-ons, knowledge base, troubleshooting)
- No cPanel or WHM support (Cloudways has its own custom solution)
- Requires some technical skills (customer support is available to assist you)
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
How Do We Rank and How Should You Choose Your Best cPanel Hosting?
- Free cPanel Licence5%
- Type Of cPanel Hosting Management3%
- One-Click App Installations10%
- Website Builder Tools8%
- Overall Server Performance14%
- Hosting Essentials15%
- Scalable Resources5%
- User Reviews30%
Once we finish with in-house testing, our second step is evaluating customer reviews. We always wrap up the weighting and ranking within each category with honest and unbiased user reviews. It’s the only third party we trust because worldwide customers are the best indicator of one’s quality. We go by the motto; things shouldn’t just look good on paper but also work great in practice.
Different cPanel web hosting providers deliver different features, prices, and quality. Naturally, some web hosts will serve your website needs better than others. So, sure, you need to focus on your unique needs, the purpose of your website, and the kind of user experience you want to deliver when choosing a cPanel web hosting provider. However, there are several extra elements you need to pay special attention to.
Here are our recommendations on what to look out for when shopping for a cPanel web host. Our AI technology has ranked the best cPanel web hosting providers based on the following factors:
- Free cPanel Licence (5%): If you want cPanel hosting, you need a cPanel licence. The best-case scenario is when the web host grants it for free. This way, you’ll enjoy all its benefits without paying extra.
- Type Of cPanel Hosting Management (3%): You can generally choose from a cPanel-only platform or an integrated one. A cPanel-only platform best suits experienced users that don’t need a native interface. The second alternative is a combination of a native dashboard for day-to-day tasks and the cPanel for advanced features. So, it’s the better choice for beginners.
- One-Click App Installations (10%): If you are browsing for cPanel hosting, you indeed appreciate its ease of use. So, unless you are a designer or web developer, 1-click app instals are a must. Manual downloads and installations of third-party apps are time-consuming, require specific skills, and take up extra space on your computer. A simple app installation will significantly facilitate your life, whether it comes to CMS integration, eCommerce functionality, or any other functionality specific to your business. Usually, the cPanel will also allow for auto-updates.
- Website Builder Tools (8%): If you are to build your website from scratch, an intuitive Website Builder designed with beginners in mind will come in handy. You no longer need to be a master of HTML or CSS to build your website. Instead, you can freely customise, move around and test everything at will, even as a first-time user. A cPanel web host with an in-house or a simple website builder will allow you to make quick adjustments, thus improving your site’s user experience and even conversions.
- Overall Server Performance (14%): Performance metrics are a given, regardless of the web hosting solution you need. The cPanel web host should be able to keep your server up and running. At this point, you should consider its uptime guarantee and avoid anything below 99.95%. The closer this number is to 100%, the better. In addition, you should opt for fast loading speeds and above-average response time. Keeping your average response time below the industry average of 600 ms would be best. And if speed is your primary concern, you should choose from the fastest cPanel hosting solutions available.
- Hosting Essentials (15%): The best cPanel web hosting includes all hosting essentials for free, such as website migration, domain name, SSL certificate, email account, daily backups, advertising credits, developer tools, and more. These are all must-haves, so you should add them to your calculations if you need to pay extra to get them. 24/7 available customer support is also a must; you should be able to contact them on various channels, including live chat, phone, and email. Self-help articles and rich databases are also a plus.
- Scalable Resources (5%): The best cPanel hosting lets you grow your website from small to massive without transferring your content or bouncing from one web host to another. Here, you need to consider the server resources, including CPU, RAM, available storage, bandwidth, and advanced expert management tools, to keep your site moving to the next level as it grows. But to build a great relationship with the provider, the company should also offer options to scale, such as cloud hosting, VPS, or dedicated servers. Only this way they will be able to accommodate your website growth.
- Pricing (10%): Getting the cheapest cPanel hosting might not always be the most brilliant move. Some providers compromise on resources, performance, and features only to be able to fit cPanel for free in their plans. Still, you might be on a budget, so the web host should fit into it. You want a provider with reasonably priced plans for the quality it offers. Also, top cPanel hosting providers include a money-back guarantee in their plans. If not entirely satisfied, you should be able to get a refund at any time during the specified period, no questions asked. The longer the policy, the better. Check out our cPanel Pricing page.
- User Reviews (30%): Last but not least, you must consider the web host’s reputation. Are customers satisfied with its service? Or can you expect frequent outages, slow customer service, and an overall bad experience? Check user reviews and past incidents to know what you are getting yourself into, whether it’s good or bad.
What Is cPanel Hosting, and Who Is It For?
The cPanel control panel is a beginner-friendly hosting user interface (UI) that concerns itself exclusively with backend server administration. It can help you, as the website owner, manage your hosting account without dealing with complex technical details. Instead of using the command line, the cPanel delivers a visual interface with a simple point-and-click operation.
For instance, you can use the cPanel for file management, coordinating daily backups, database management, software installation, installing SSL, domain management, email setup and management, security hardening, and dozens of other tasks.
We can trace back the beginnings of cPanel to 1997, when a Linux-based web hosting company developed the cPanel as a control panel for its needs. Since then, over 70 million domains have utilised this tool, making it one of the most popular solutions related to web hosting.
The cPanel delivers efficiency and automation. It’s also compatible with all web hosting types and solutions, including shared hosting, VPS, or dedicated servers. Therefore, it can be the perfect alternative for anyone looking for an easy way to perform everyday tasks, starting from novices to experienced web admins and beyond.
Why Is cPanel Hosting So Popular?
As mentioned, the cPanel control panel was designed for a Linux-based web hosting provider. It enabled hosting clients to handle basic aspects of their accounts, such as FTP logins and email. But thanks to its appealing user interface and straightforward navigation, the program has matured over 15 years and outlasted a spinoff product, WebPanel.
There are a few significant benefits for hosts that utilise cPanel:
- They don’t have to generate as much support in-house because they can offer generic help documents.
- When migrating from one host to another, users can transfer their expertise.
- cPanel prevents web hosting clients from engaging in dangerous or illegal activities.
- WHM and cPanel operate well together, so the host may utilize both on server-based hosting accounts to provide a consistent experience for users.
- WHM can also let you manage many customer sites while giving a cPanel backend that’s straightforward to use.
- If properly administered, WHM and cPanel are safe.
The majority of customers choose a hosting service that offers a cPanel control panel, or at least a modified version of it.
cPanel is popular among hosting clients because:
- It’s quite simple to use.
- On practically every host, the experience is the same. Technical chores have a very easy graphical interface.
- Built-in assistance prevents you from doing anything possibly harmful.
- You devote more time to your web and less to the backend administration.
- It has the ability to do a variety of tasks that you would not expect.
No doubt, anyone would want a top cPanel hosting solution. The question is, which one to get?
Types of cPanel Hosting Services
Simply said, a cPanel host is a web hosting company that manages its servers using the cPanel management panel. It can be used with shared, dedicated, VPS, cloud, WordPress, or reseller hosting. As a result, you may wind up using a range of cPanel hosting setups.
cPanel is most widely used in shared hosting setups because it is extremely user-friendly and contains capabilities such as one-click program and CMS installations, quick database building, and domain management, among others.
VPS and dedicated hosting users will have SSH and root admin access, as well as the ability to create cron tasks and use simple database administration tools.
If you plan on becoming a cPanel reseller host, offering your clients either cPanel or cPanel plus WHM hosting is a major benefit since most newbies are looking for a cPanel backbone.
If you’ve been sold on cPanel, you’ll have the option of choosing between the best free cPanel hosting and cheap cPanel hosting. Choosing a cheap hosting that provides a cPanel license with their hosting plans is the simplest method to acquire cPanel web hosting. You’ll be able to pay for a cPanel licence and get free hosting as well. This may appear enticing, but then when it boils to selecting the best pick for your website, inexpensive hosting with cPanel included will be the greatest option.
Pros and Cons of cPanel Hosting
- Time-Saving - Managing a website before cPanel was an unpleasant task that many people avoided. The website administration has become a walk in the park thanks to the streamlined usability and functionality. This is thanks to automated features and a UI that is not programmer-based.
- Financial Savings – You guessed it correctly. Depending on the scale of your project, you may not require a coder or developer because cPanel is such an easy interface to use. Even if you do, you are not obligated to compensate them for the additional hours spent hard coding.
- Reduced Stress – cPanel makes accomplishing hundreds of complex tasks simple. This will also lower your stress level, which is always beneficial.
- Fewer Mistakes – Since we all make mistakes, using cPanel reduces the number of frustrating errors you make. Having tools that perform the work for you is always beneficial.
- Licensing Costs – When purchasing cPanel licences privately, they are somewhat expensive. However, the best cPanel hosting providers will eliminate this cost since you will only pay for a tiny portion of the licence within your plan. You usually get the cPanel control panel for free – as a bonus for all the hosting essentials, in a bundled offer.
- Risk of Data Loss or Corruption – During large upgrades, the cPanel system may inadvertently overwrite server settings and delete all data. This occurs as a result of a failing or crashed hard disk; in such instances, attempt to recover your web server using a thorough disaster recovery plan.
- Security Vulnerability – According to research, the two-factor authentication (2FA) technique used by cPanel is subject to brute force assaults. To avoid this, ensure your cPanel version is constantly updated. The best cPanel web hosting providers will do it for you, so worry not; you’ll always be up to date with automated install and updates.
How to Find the Best cPanel Hosting for You?
The finest control panel in the market is cPanel. Even if you are a novice, their interface allows you to make updates to your website like a webmaster—without the added cost of employing one.
Whenever you want to install a company email to your new domain, a cPanel website hosting organisation makes it easy. Furthermore, in case you want to install content material management, cPanel conveniently interfaces in conjunction with all of the maximum normally used CMSs and commonly comes pre-set up with them.
With unique analytics at the wide variety of visitors, stay duration on every page, and entire perception into how your web website hosting bandwidth is preserving up withinside the face of multiplied traffic, you could effortlessly construct your internet site.
If you have already got numerous domains, cPanel’s panel makes administering them a breeze. If your websites are primarily based on WordPress, cPanel is a first-rate preference because of its one-click-on web page integration and setup procedure, which permits you to stand up and run in no time.
Alternatives to cPanel Web Hosting
You are not obligated to utilise the fastest cPanel hosting because it is not available with every web hosting company.
The following are some more strong contenders:
While community forums may provide help, open-source control panels frequently contain more functionality, with global developers contributing new plugins and customizations.
What About Plesk?
Plesk is perhaps cPanel’s major competition. Some clients prefer cPanel, while others swear on Plesk. Because the two apps are almost identical, being able to work in both is a plus.
Plesk has a clear and detailed information page on known difficulties that prepares users for the challenges ahead.
The following are the primary distinctions between cPanel and Plesk:
- Plesk is accessible for both Windows and Linux, but cPanel is only available for Linux.
- Plesk has server admin features if your account allows them. Because these tools are installed independently in WHM, you don’t have any in cPanel.
- The two control panels have totally distinct appearances, making switching between them difficult.
- You can’t import or export material from Plesk to cPanel.
It makes no difference whether you use cPanel or Plesk as long as you’re happy with your decision. Just make sure you don’t sign a hosting contract without first determining which one you’ll obtain.
Are The Custom Control Panels Bad?
Certainly not. Many hosts provide user-friendly control panels that have been meticulously tuned.
Once it comes to personalised control panels, users face two major challenges:
- First and foremost, how steep will the learning curve be? It will take some time to adjust to the variations when you switch hosts, and the control panels are different. After the move, regular administration may become significantly slower and more difficult.
- Second, is it possible to import material from your former website? Databases and files are typically not an issue, but exporting cPanel configurations (such as email addresses and FTP accounts) to a new control panel is significantly more complicated. It’s often difficult, and you’ll have to redo everything from scratch.
Some bespoke control panels are attractive and practical. However, others are unattractive and difficult to utilise.
cPanel or Custom Control Panel – How Do They Compare?
In the end, all control panels will accomplish the same goal: you’ll have a central, all-in-one location to handle your site’s most critical functions.
While various hosting companies tweak their cPanel, the fundamentals remain the same. Standard cPanel guidelines and manuals are available online to assist you, and transferring between providers is simple.
Custom control panels offer a more personalised and customised service, using the provider’s unique data and appearance to assist you and your website. There is, however, additional risk because you don’t know how easy or tough it will be to use, and changing providers later may be more complicated.
Some companies even offer a trial of their control panel, which is a wonderful way to evaluate if it meets your requirements before committing.
Best cPanel Hosting Services: Summary
When looking for a hosting service provider, consumers frequently prioritise performance. However, a straightforward UI for hosting web administration is also vital.
Anyone, including novices and non-technical users, can administer their hosting environment with the best cPanel web hosting. The best cPanel web hosting plans offer outstanding performance and value in addition to simplicity.
Don’t be hesitant to use famous tools like cPanel to handle your hosting; the system acts as a central hub for all of your associated online services and opens numerous doors to new software, applications, and even hosting providers.