A simple definition of reseller hosting is when the main hosting plan breaks down into smaller custom plans. Imagine having a good reseller hosting package with high bandwidth and more extensive storage. You can rent it to reseller clients and earn money at no extra cost. Whether you are a web designer or a small hosting business, reseller hosting can be a profitable pursuit.
If you want the flexibility of using your hosting services to earn profits, then finding the best windows reseller hosting provider will be the first task. After buying, testing and reviewing Windows Reseller hosting plans, we’ve rounded up the best five Windows Reseller providers of 2022 to help you with your quest,
When choosing a reseller hosting provider, be sure to look for flexibility in branding custom packages, allocating server resources, 24/7 support, developer tools, and billing software.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing Windows Reseller Hosting Providers
- Flexibility in branding custom packages
- Bandwidth and storage should be high to create custom packages
- Ensure that your reseller hosting provider offers managed services.
- Pick a provider that has a datacenter closer to your geographical area.
- Know the features you want; backups, security enhancements, billing software etc.
The Best Windows Reseller Hosting Services of 2023 (Bought and Tested)
SmarterASP.Net is the best overall reseller hosting provider, and we highly recommend it for its outstanding 0% downtime experience. The support, reliability, and account management is beyond excellence with SmarterASP.NET. With more than 23 years in the field and after serving more than 737,928 customers, it is now one of the best Windows reseller hosting providers.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Features: 4.8
- Support: 4.4
- User-Friendly: 4.0
- Pricing: 4.3
- Reliability: 4.5
- Features- With the starting reseller package of SmarterASP.Net, you get access to raw log files, a web-based control panel, unlimited FTP, and the liberty to add unlimited sites. You also get the option to opt for a domain name through the platform for $12/year and a static IP for $2/month.
- Support- They are open to addressing any query or question from the customers. It will help you scale out your reseller hosting business without worrying about attending support queries of your clients, as SmarterASP.Net will handle that aspect. You can avail of support through 24/7 helpdesk, live chat support, and by accessing the knowledge base.
- User-Friendly- The control panel is not completely basic like the other hosting providers. Therefore, intermediate users will find it easy to get used to the cPanel of SmarterASP.Net, but beginners might have to spend a little time getting used to it.
- Pricing– With a starting price of $30/month for the resellers, SmarterASP.Net has a more budgeted pricing than most other reseller hosting providers. With the starting package, you get a free setup, 50GB of web space, and 500GB of bandwidth. Higher packages have advanced capabilities to serve your needs.
- Reliability- With 99.9% uptime, SmarterASP.Net projects reliability of reselling. In addition, they have regular updates on their hosting servers to maintain the performance feasibility. They also have a 60-days money-back guarantee on their reseller plans to make you feel reliable towards their brand. If you don’t like the features of their services, you can always get a refund.
- It has a stronger uptime
- Have proficient developers handle smaller programming tasks for you without a fee
- Among the cheapest reseller hosting providers
- Optimal security to internal data of clients
- Not quite recommendable for absolute beginners.
- Domain names are not free of cost with even the top-of-the-line plan.
MochaHost, founded in 2002, is popularly known for its affordable pricing. They don’t have fluctuating plan renewal fees, which makes it stand out in the competition. They offer a complete toolbox with not just shared or reseller hosting but also eCommerce and digital marketing solutions to entrepreneurs. They are the second best on this list of reseller hosting providers, having served more than a million customers.
- Overall Score: 4
- Features: 4.2
- Support: 4.1
- User-Friendly: 4
- Pricing: 4.7
- Reliability: 4
- Features- With MochaHost, you get a lifetime free domain, which is rare with other reseller hosting providers. You get a free control panel, unmetered bandwidth, premium billing tool, eCommerce assistance, SEO tools, enterprise-grade data centers, and more. Even the static IP address is free from the second lowest MochaHost reseller hosting plan. In addition, you can opt for specific add-on services, social bundles, or website apps with every plan.
- Support- MochaHost offers you 24/7 technical support and guidance tutorials to help you navigate any complexity while using the reselling features. You also get a knowledge base to help you with answers to common reseller hosting-related questions.
- User-Friendly- It is enabled with a Plesk control panel that has simple setup procedures and reduces the time and effort of the users. With a Plesk control panel, usability becomes more comfortable as the dashboard remains organized for you to track, monitor, and change anything seamlessly.
- Pricing- Pricing is the strongest USP of MochHost as the starting range for Windows Reseller Hosting is as low as $12.63/month. You get unlimited domains and users along with no bars on monthly traffic. You will receive 25GB of hard disk space along with an SSD boost. The highest plan will cost you as low as $51.79/ month, which upgrades the storage space to 100GB.
- Reliability- They ensure a 100% uptime guarantee and offer a 180-day money-back or risk-free guarantee. It is probably the highest guarantee period offered by only a few reseller hosting providers. MochaHost is also equipped with enterprise-grade processors with over 256GB of RAM. This makes the servers ultra-fast and secure.
- Extremely cheap reseller hosting plans with impeccable features
- High uptime of 100% is guaranteed
- 180 days of risk-free usage guarantee
- Enterprise-grade SAN storage and data centers
- There are no automated backups
- Are you considering MochaHost, but looking for a more in-depth review? If yes, see our full review on MochaHost.
ResellerClub has been in the website hosting industry for more than 15 years. They offer various hosting services and boast a reliable 24/7 customer support system. After testing it on different parameters, we found that ResellerClub has flexible hosting plans, unlimited emails, interactive control panels, responsive customer support and high performance specs as well.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Features: 4.9
- Support: 4.5
- User-Friendly: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.4
- Reliability: 4.6
- Features- ResellerClub offers the best-in-class features to help you offer the best reseller hosting services for your clients. You have flexible plans based on how big you want to expand your reseller hosting business. You have high-performance capabilities and powerful interfaces. Unlimited emails and Plesk accounts are standard with every plan. In terms of additional security, it offers hotlink protection, leech protection, and password-protected folders.
- Support- ResellerClub offers multi-channel support 24/7 through email, tickets, calls, social media, and live chat.
- User-Friendly- Setting up your reseller hosting services and integrating your client websites to earn profits is easy. Moreover, it is also enabled with automated billing and support management panels to minimize human efforts. The dashboard is easy to understand, and you can seamlessly manage orders, customers, and products.
- Pricing- ResellerClub is offering moderately priced packages for its reseller hosting plans which range between $17.99/month and go up to $44.99/month when bought in a bundle package for three years. The starting plan R1 of ResellerClub offers unlimited websites, a free SSL certificate, 10GB of Disk Space, and 200GB of data transfer. Higher-priced packages have better specifications.
- Reliability- You get a 30-day money-back guarantee which allows you to reliably use the hosting solution and be eligible for a full refund if unsatisfied. You can demand upgrades for your reseller hosting services based on your specific windows projects. Cloudflare security-enabled performance ensures optimal security and high stability. You get high uptime of up to 99.99% and unlimited bandwidth with every plan.
- Uptime of up to 99.99%
- High-performance hardware
- The Control panel is easy to operate
- Multiple server locations are available
- The domain prices are on the higher side
- If you want to learn more about ResellerClub features, head on over to the ResellerClub full review.
AccuWeb has been doing business for over 18 years and has continued to grow their client base. It has earned a reputation in the market by offering reseller hosting on both Linux and Windows platforms. With attractive plans, responsive customer support, easy-to-use control panels and free set-up of reseller hosting websites, AccuWeb is a user-friendly host to meet your needs.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Features: 4.5
- Support: 4.8
- User-Friendly: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.5
- Reliability: 4.5
- Features- AccuWeb is enabled with the LiteSpeed web server and provides you with cPanel and WHM permits to automate several server management tasks. You get all the tools enabled with your plans to manage the sites. You will get unlimited add-on domains, email accounts, and MySQL databases. It has a one-click application installer with every cPanel account. Every setup will be bundled with the installation of over 300 scripts, such as WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and others.
- Support- AccuWeb offers an outstanding support system seven days a week and 365 days a year. You can call them, chat with them, create a complaint ticket, use the knowledge base, or access the blog section to get solutions to your queries. You can also fill out the contact form to receive a call from AccuWeb’s consultants.
- User-Friendly- You get to set up your reseller hosting website for free, even with the starter plan of AccuWeb. You can cancel your subscription at any time without any complications.
- Pricing- The reseller web hosting plan starts with as low as $11.99/month on conditional purchases. You get 30GB of storage, 100GB of limited bandwidth, and 5cPanel accounts. The plan pricing goes up to $97.99 per month, which offers top-line specifications such as 200GB storage and 1TB Bandwidth.
- Reliability- It offers stable hosting with an assurance of 99.99% uptime. You get the liberty to choose the server location of your choice while you are selecting the package. If you want to pick the server closest to your location for better performance capabilities, you can make that choice without consulting the support team. AccuWeb also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, assuring you a full refund if you are unhappy with the services.
- Performance is stable
- Storage is fast
- Loaded with impactful features
- Easy to use
- Upload size limit is low
After spinning around with TMDHosting for about a few months, it has some great features worthy of being listed among the top five reseller hosting providers. They are a highly reliable provider, as the hosting plans are embedded with SSD storage options and additional cache layers to ensure protection of data. They literally surprised us with what they have to offer!
- Overall Score: 4.3
- Features: 4.3
- Support: 4.5
- User-Friendly: 4.5
- Pricing: 4.2
- Reliability: 4.3
- Features- You get around ten control panels, affordable reseller hosting plans, VPS plans, high speeds, free domain registration, You will be able to resell over 120 domain extensions. With TMDHosting, you also get the feature of script debugging, module, app, and theme installations.
- Support- TMDHosting will help you with 24/7 support and has a dedicated team of expert support executives to handle all technical issues. You can call them directly on the given numbers over their website to connect directly with the consultants.
- User-Friendly- It is easy to set up and has flexible reseller plans for you to immediately get started with selling and managing the reseller hosting services. It has an automated payment collection system to serve you more feasibility of operations. The SSD performance is fast and helps implement faster load time for your clients.
- Pricing- The pricing is a bit on the higher side when the standard pack is considered. The price ranges from $19.95/month to $49.95/month. But even with the high pricing from the standard pack, they offer impeccable features that are worth the money you are paying. The standard pack offers you 700GB bandwidth, 65GB SSD Space, and ten cPanel accounts.
- Reliability- It offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee, and the SSD storage has six cache layers to provide added protection. You get the feasibility to provision your reseller hosting plan in a data center close to your location. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee to seek a refund if you are unsatisfied with the services.
- High-end features with every plan
- Responsive customer support
- Free security tools
- Easy-to-use native dashboard
- Renewal prices are very high
- If these details on TMDHosting have caught your attention, then have a read of our full-depth review.
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Windows Reseller Hosting Services: Final Recommendation
After using the services of these five reseller hosting providers, we tried to note down all of the important points that were worthy of being pointed out for you. We have covered both the strong and weak zones of each hosting provider for you to have clarity for making a decision.
Among all the five, we highly recommend SmarterASP.Net, because it offers quality service features at a nominal price tag. Based on our ranking parameters, SmarterASP.Net sits perfectly in budget, security, features, ease of use, support, and other aspects.
You can still assess the other options to find the best windows reseller hosting provider from this list of five based on your preferences and understanding.
How Do We Rank and How Should You Choose Your Windows Reseller Hosting?
We follow a specific percentage-wise assessment to determine the top reseller hosting providers from a group of shortlisted options. Subscriptions of these five windows reseller hosting providers were bought to practically use and rank them. All we have noted and mentioned in the list above is completely based on our independent assessment. We have scored and rated the hosting providers based on real reviews.
Some of the aspects that we considered were high uptime rates, positive reviews, high performance, 24/7 support availability, compatibility in terms of service, and ability to create & manage custom packages.
There are certain user-centric considerations as well that we believe each of you should consider before finalizing a plan.:
- Budget- $10-$11/month on a yearly subscription is the lowest you can expect from any reseller hosting provider. But looking for cheaper options will often limit you on the features that could help you maximize your profits.
- Uptime- You should not consider any reseller hosting provider that doesn’t guarantee you a 99.99% uptime. It should be your mandatory requirement to finalize your preferences.
- Features- High bandwidth, faster SSD performance, cPanel access, high storage, and unlimited website integration are a few of the crucial features that are must to have in a reseller hosting plan.
- Security- Security is important for protecting your clients’ website data. It is something that the reseller hosting provider has to offer with its main package. Moreover, there should be security upgrades in periodic intervals.
- Money-Back Guarantees- There should be a minimum of a 30-day money-back guarantee to give you the flexibility of trying out the features of your hosting provider and seek a refund if you are not satisfied with it.
- Ease-of-Use- The dashboard and control panel of your reseller hosting subscription should be easy to use. You shouldn’t find it difficult to manage and sell reseller plans to your customers.
- Support- There should be a multi-channel customer support system for your reseller clients to respond quickly to all queries and problems.
What is Windows Reseller Hosting, and Who is it For?
Windows reseller hosting is the idea of using mainstream hosting services and breaking them down into custom packages for renting out clients in need. Reseller hosting is cheaper in comparison to acquiring a complete hosting package. Therefore, most fresh website owners who need low specifications will turn up to your reseller hosting plans.
The idea of windows reseller hosting is suitable for small hosting businesses and web designers. If you are among them, then you can use your allotted space, bandwidth, RAM, and other specs to extend hosting services to customers or third-party websites. It will help you earn hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars annually as an additional income.
Moreover, the support, server update, administration, security, and other aspects are handled by the hosting firm. The resellers do not have to take the burden of any monitoring and management issues associated with the hosting infrastructure.
Our recommendations are based on what most web designers or small hosting businesses need to enhance their profitability from the investment.