Like many others, realtors have noticed the potential that the Internet offers, and more and more have been growing their online presence. So, if you are a realtor or real estate agency that wants to do the same, you have come to the right place. Stick with us, and you will learn which website builders have made it on our top 10 best website builders for real estate list. Read on to find out what each of them offers and how they compare to each other.
Check our Top 10 Best Real Estate Website Builders:
- Squarespace – best for its intuitive design
- Wix Website Builder – best for ease of use
- Duda – best for its wide range of widgets and apps
- Weebly – best for its SEO features
- Zyro – best for its AI tools
- Placester – best for customization
- GoDaddy Website Builder – best for getting online fast
- Webflow – best for managing multiple sites
- WordPress.org – best for large, content-driven websites
- IDX Broker – best for its more advanced tools
How Do We Test and Rank?
In order to rank each website builder accordingly, you would need to understand what goes into the process of website building and what each builder needs to offer for it to be competent and worthy of your time and money. We know that not everyone knows all of that, and they don’t need to. That’s what we are here for. Namely, we have developed our own ranking system with which we rank each builder and provide you with only the best options on the market.
Our system involved putting each website builder through a series of tests and buying plans from each builder to test out their features in more detail. Additionally, we rank each builder based on five essential factors for building a real estate website, and each factor has its own specific percentage of importance. The five factors are:
- Ease-of-use (20%): how easy it is to use the builder’s editor and dashboard, is the dashboard easy to navigate, is the control panel easy to navigate, does using the builder require coding skills, is the builder suitable for beginners, does the builder have a steep learning curve;
- Features (30%): what kind of features does the builder offer, are the features suitable for building real estate websites, does the builder offer IDX integration, are the features enough to create a fully-functioning real estate website, are the features good quality;
- Design (25%): can users edit and change the elements on their website at all times, are the templates customizable, are the designs optimized for different screen sizes, and does the builder offer designs explicitly made for realtors;
- Price (10%): does the builder offer a free trial, does the builder offer a free plan, is there a money-back guarantee, and are the builder’s plans worth the money;
- Support (15%): what kind of support does the builder offer (live chat, email, phone, ticketing system), how long does the builder take to respond to customers, does the builder offer any tutorials or guides, does the builder’s support team possess the skills and ability to solve problems efficiently.
How to Choose the Best Website Builder for Real Estate?
Now that you have seen a preview of our top ten picks for the best website builders for real estate and have seen how we test and rank, it’s time you find out what you need to look for when picking a website builder. Namely, when creating a website for your real estate business, you need to make sure that the builder offers the following features and services:
- IDX integration – many real estate agents, use the Internal Data Exchange (IDX) database in their daily operations. If the builder you choose offers integration with IDX, you will be able to have a connection between your website and a Multiple Listing Service (MLS). With that, you will be able to display the MLS database real estate listings right there on your website. Also, the listings will be updated regularly and will always display the latest listings available.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – since there are billions of people you can reach on the Internet, you need a way to reach as many of them as possible. That’s where SEO comes in. Many website builders offer excellent SEO tools which can help you rank better on search engines like Google, Yahoo, and more. With that, more and more people will be able to find your website by searching a particular keyword, like real estate, for example. Thus, SEO tools and features are critical for all kinds of websites, including real estate websites.
- Tools for capturing leads – capturing and nurturing leads is essential for real estate websites. With the appropriate tools, your visitors will be able to get in touch and find out more about a property they like quickly. Also, with the help of those tools, your visitors will be able to book a viewing immediately via your website.
- Customer support – not everyone knows how to build a website, even if they are using a dedicated website builder. Also, some builders are easier to use and more beginner-friendly than others. Regardless of whether the builder you choose is the most beginner-friendly one on the market or not, it would be best if you always looked for a website builder that offers constant and timely support. So, look for one that offers either support via live chat, phone, email, a ticketing system, or maybe all of the above.
The Top 10 Best Real Estate Website Builders
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Ease-of-use: 4.8
- Features: 4.9
- Design: 5.0
- Price: 4.9
- Support: 5.0
Squarespace is an excellent website builder that serves all kinds of purposes. Namely, businesses from all kinds of industries can find what they need with the builder. Also, it is an ideal fit for those who want to make a great first impression since it delivers impeccable design and high-quality templates.
Also, everyone can get the hang of and use Squarespace since it’s pretty beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- Excellent designs
- Great customer support
- High-quality templates
- No free plan and no money-back guarantee
Squarespace is best known for its award-winning, high-quality templates. It also offers intuitive designs, and it is ideal for those who want to create a modern and unique website.
|Plan||Personal||Business||Commerce (Basic)||Commerce (Advanced)|
|Price||US $19/month||US $33/month||US $36/month||US $65/month|
|Number of Products||None||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
First things first, when we talk about Squarespace, we have to mention its templates and overall design. Namely, all of its templates are made by professionals and offer a sleek and professional look that will make your website look impeccable. Out of the numerous templates Squarespace offers, users will get access to 100 free ones right off the bat.
Squarespace offers templates of all kinds, including templates made specifically for real estate websites, art & design, photography, health & beauty, personal & CV, fashion, professional services, local businesses, community & nonprofits, food, entertainment, travel, restaurants, media & podcasts, events, weddings, home & décor, and nature & animals. Also, you can pick your template based on the type of your website:
- One–page websites;
- Online stores.
Along with its powerful built-in features, Squarespace also offers many useful third-party integration options to its users. Some of those extensions include:
- 1-800 Accountant
- Art of Where
- Candid Wholesale
- EZ Texting
- inFlow Cloud
- Mailchimp for Commerce
- Order Desk
- QuickBooks Commerce
- QuickBooks Connector
- Smart SEO
- And more.
Even though Squarespace’s real estate templates don’t come with built-in IDX, Squarespace users can easily add IDX to their websites with the help of Squarespace’s article on how to do so. To add IDX to their websites, all users would need to find the embed code from their IDX service and add it to their website in a custom code block. In general terms, all they would need to do is copy and paste the code to add IDX to their websites! Also, thanks to its integration with MailChimp, you can easily capture leads with Squarespace.
Squarespace is a powerful platform that comes with excellent templates and high-quality, intuitive designs. If you want to learn more about Squarespace, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Ease-of-use: 4.9
- Features: 4.9
- Design: 4.8
- Price: 4.9
- Support: 4.7
Wix is another extremely popular website builder that has more than 200 million users from more than 190 countries. So, you can see that its reach is quite long. It is an excellent platform that offers powerful features and more than 800 high-quality templates made by professional designers. So, the chances of finding a premade template with Wix are pretty high. Also, Wix is very beginner-friendly and has a free plan that users can try out before committing to a paid one.
- 800+ designer-made templates
- Excellent built-in features in paid plans
- Excellent third-party integration options
- Wix’s integration with IDX is not as smooth as it should be and can be buggy
Wix is best known for its wide range of high-quality templates that users can choose from for their websites. It also has 16 templates made specifically for real estate websites and easy-to-use drag-and-drop tools.
|Price||US $4.50/month||US $8.50/month||US $12.50/month||US $24.50/month|
|Number Of Products||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
Wix is one of the most feature-packed website builders that are currently available on the market. You won’t find a builder that offers so many opportunities and options as Wix. Some of its main flagship features include the Wix Editor, Wix ADI, Velo by Wix, Wix eCommerce, Wix Bookings, Wix Blog, Wix Music, Wix Photography, Wix Video, Wix Events, and Wix Restaurants. Now let’s see what each feature does.
- Wix Editor – as we mentioned, Wix offers more than 800 high-quality, designer-made templates for all kinds of industries and business sectors. Also, Wix’s editor works on a drag-and-drop basis, meaning that anyone can use it and get the hang of it, even those who have no prior experience with website building. Also, Wix’s editor allows users to have total design freedom. However, it would help if you kept in mind that once your website is live, you will not be able to change the design or template again, so choose your template wisely. With Wix’s Editor, other features you will get include advanced SEO tools, mobile-optimized templates, an App Market, and design features like animations, video backgrounds, scroll effects, and more.
- Wix ADI – Wix’s ADI is tailored-made for beginners. Namely, the ADI builder builds the whole website for you based on your answers to a few questions about your website. So, the builder will ask you things like what kind of elements you want on your website, what you want your website to look like, and other similar questions, and then let Wix’s ADI build the whole website for you. Other features you will get with Wix’s ADI include mobile-friendly websites, smart tips, the ability to customize colors & fonts, built-in SEO tools, and more.
- Velo by Wix – Velo is Wix’s open development platform that is made for more advanced users like developers and programmers. With it, they can build advanced web applications, get serverless computing, hassle-free coding, and total design freedom. Other features users can take advantage of with Velo include rapid visual front-end design, unified database management, IDE and DevOps, production-grade runtime, business and marketing tools, and more.
- Wix eCommerce – Wix is also ideal for building online stores and offers the following eCommerce features: high-quality eCommerce templates, store manager, product pages, multiple payment methods, coupons and discounts, and worldwide shipping & tax, and more.
- Wix Bookings – realtors can utilize Wix’s Booking features and allow their clients to schedule appointments and viewings directly from their websites. Also, with Wix Bookings, you can offer appointments, classes, courses, and workshops, sync Wix Bookings with your Google Calendar, send clients automatic email reminders, and more.
- Wix Blog – with Wix, you can manage your blog on both desktop and mobile, add multiple writers, and more.
- Wix Music – with this feature, you will get a customizable music player, the ability to sell your music, get advanced stats, and more.
- Wix Photography – this feature includes more than 30 media galleries, image quality tools, the ability to protect your images with a built-in watermark and password, etc.
- Wix Video – you can create, personalize, and manage your own video channel, add videos from anywhere, and sell, rent, or offer commission-free monthly subscriptions to your video channels.
- Wix Events – you can also organize events on your Wix website and send invitations, manage guest lists, sell tickets, and more.
- Wix Restaurants - allows users to create and customize menus with prices and photos, accept delivery and pickup orders via their websites, book reservations, and more.
When it comes to IDX integration, it also has to be added via code, but the process of adding IDX to your Wix website is not as seamless and straightforward as it is with Squarespace. On the other hand, Wix is ideal for capturing leads and offers many valuable, built-in lead-capturing tools like contact forms, dynamic maps, and more.
Wix is an excellent choice no matter what kind of website you plan to create. It offers a lot of powerful tools and many third-party integration options that can help you add everything you want and make your website your own. If you want to learn more about Wix, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Ease-of-use: 4.8
- Features: 4.7
- Design: 4.6
- Price: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
Duda is a simple web design platform that is very beginner-friendly and easy to use. Also, it is excellent for building multiple websites and is ideal for agencies and companies. Currently, it serves more than 450,000 individuals and businesses. Also, more than 14 million websites have been built over the years on Duda.
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Excellent built-in tools and widgets
- Free trial
- More expensive than its competitors
Duda is best for those looking to build multiple websites or those who want to easily create a simple yet fully-functional website with many different widgets and apps on it.
|Price||US $14/month||US $22/month||US $44/month||Custom price|
|Number of Products||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
Duda offers excellent templates that you can customize as much as you want and add things like animations, widgets, and other elements. It offers a large selection of templates for all kinds of purposes, including:
- Online Stores;
Duda’s Features and Widgets
Duda also does not offers built-in IDX functionality. Instead, you need to take the code for a third-party IDX widget and add it to your website. Also, you can get a custom-made widget from one of Duda’s Fulfillment Partners.
Duda’s lead capture features are even more impressive. Namely, Duda offers multiple powerful tools that you can use to capture leads. A few such tools that you will get built into your real estate template include:
- Excellent email marketing with which you can keep leads engaged;
- A members area;
- Contact and appointment forms that you can use to gather leads.
All of those lead-capturing features come with Duda’s real-estate website template, so you won’t have to add them individually on your website.
Another excellent feature that makes Duda stand out from the crowd is its extensive Site Widget offer. Namely, with Duda, you will be able to add or build all kinds of widgets, including:
- Popup widgets;
- Contact form widgets;
- Custom HTML widget;
- A widget for business hours;
- Click-to-call widget;
- A click-to-email widget;
- Online scheduling;
- File Upload;
- Facebook Comments;
- RSS Feed;
- Social Widgets;
- And more.
Duda is a great choice for those looking for something simple yet modern and attractive. If you want to learn more about Duda, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Ease-of-use: 4.7
- Features: 4.6
- Design: 4.5
- Price: 4.8
- Support: 4.6
Weebly is a well-known player in the website-building community. It has been around since 2007 and currently powers over 50 million websites. Not too shabby, huh.
Also, Weebly offers an excellent free plan with which you can test out the platform without having to spend any money. In addition, Weebly offers excellent SEO features and a great App Center where users can find numerous useful third-party apps to add to their websites.
- Great free plan
- Wide range of third-party apps
- The free plan shows Square ads
Weebly is best known for its free plan and its excellent App Center. Also, Weebly offers great customer support and robust SEO tools that can help you rank your website higher on Google and other search engines.
|Price||US $0||US $5/month||US $12/month||US $25/month|
|Number of Products||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
Also, each Weebly website is mobile-responsive and comes with integrated analytics tools with which you can track what your clients are doing on your website. What’s best, each Weebly website comes with free web hosting, SSL Security, DDoS mitigation, and 24/7 customer support.
You can also capture and engage leads with Weebly’s email marketing features and tools.
Weebly is a website builder that pays special attention to SEO. Its websites are automatically designed with SEO in mind and come with a sitemap, SEO-optimized meta descriptions, responsive design, SEO-friendly HTML formatting, and more.
Also, with Weebly’s advanced SEO features, you will be able to edit image alt tags and page descriptions. Another helpful SEO feature that Weebly offers is its beginner-friendly SEO guide that will help you learn more about SEO and how to rank up on search engines.
As we mentioned, Weebly offers highly responsive and mobile-optimized themes suitable for creating all kinds of websites, blogs, and online stores. Also, Weebly offers themes that are tailored-made for portfolio websites, personal websites, event websites, and more. In addition, Weebly has an extensive App Center where users can find and add all kinds of third-party apps to their websites, including apps for marketing, shipping, menu integrations, and many more.
Overall, Weebly is another excellent choice for realtors, especially for those who are on a tighter budget or want to try out the platform before they buy a plan. Also, it is ideal for those who don’t want to pay to build their website and want to do everything completely for free. If you want to learn more about Weebly, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.5
- Ease-of-use: 4.5
- Features: 4.6
- Design: 4.5
- Price: 4.7
- Support: 4.4
Zyro is an innovative website builder that uses Artificial Intelligence to create powerful, beginner-friendly tools and features. It also offers excellent prices and modern templates with which you can build attractive websites for your real estate business. What’s best, all Zyro templates are optimized for all screen sizes, including desktop, mobile, and tablet screens.
- Unique AI tools
- Affordable prices
- Easy-to-use template editor
- Lightweight designs which are great for SEO
- Limited third-party integrations compared to its competitors
Zyro is best known for its innovative and powerful AI tools, which allow users to create things like logos, slogans, titles, and more with just a few simple clicks.
|Plan||Website||Business||Online Store||Advanced Store|
|Price||US $2.90/month||US $4.90/month||US $8.90/month||US $15.90/month|
|Number of Products||None||Up to 100||Up to 100||Up to 2,500|
Zyro’s templates are all made by professional designers and are fully customizable, and are mobile responsive. Thus, you can edit anything you want on them, including the colors, fonts, photos, and more. Also, you can either choose to build your website on a blank template or choose an already-made one. What’s more, Zyro offers templates specifically designed for landing pages to those who need them. You can choose your template based on the type of website you’re building or your business or industry. Thus, you can choose templates tailor-made for online stores, blogs, one-page websites, or portfolio websites. When it comes to business sectors and industries, Zyro offers templates for the following categories:
Even though Zyro does not have any real-estate-centric website templates, you can still use their other premade templates and customize them to fit your business model. Speaking of customization, let’s explore Zyro’s AI tools that you can use to personalize your website.
AI Writer – Zyro’s AI Writer can generate text for your website on all kinds of topics, like Sports & Entertainment, Gaming, Professional Services, Music & Entertainment, and more.
AI Background Remover – with this tool, you can remove the background from your photos with one simple click.
AI Slogan Generator – Zyro’s AI Slogan Generator can help you find a perfect, eye-catching slogan for your business.
AI Business Name Generator – if you still haven’t come up with a name for your business, you can use Zyro’s AI Business Name Generator and find the perfect fit for you in a matter of minutes.
AI Image Upscaler – this tool allows you to enhance and upgrade low-quality photos.
AI Blog Title Generator – if you want to add a blog to your real estate website to keep your clients engaged, this tool can help you come up with fun titles for all kinds of articles, including articles on fashion, food, fitness, lifestyle, and more.
AI Heatmap – Zyro’s AI Heatmap allows you to see what your clients visit the most on your website.
Even though Zyro is newer to the website-building scene, it has become one of the top choices for millions of users out there. It offers excellent AI-powered features which make the whole website-building process a breeze for all users, especially beginners. If you want to learn more about Zyro, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Ease-of-use: 4.4
- Features: 4.5
- Design: 4.5
- Price: 4.3
- Support: 4.3
Placester is the first real-estate-specific website builder that made our “Best website builders for real estate list.” The platform was built with realtors and real estate companies in mind, so it offers all kinds of real-estate-specific features and tools. One such tool is its advanced IDX listing search. Also, the builder offers multiple useful features that can help you generate leads and drive conversions.
- Built-in SEO tools
- Excellent customization options
- Advanced IDX listing search
- It is a lot more expensive than its competitors
Placester is best known for its powerful built-in real estate lead generation tools and its advanced IDX listing integration tools.
|Plan||Starter Plan||Advanced||Office Builder|
|Price||US $80/month||US $150/month||US $300/month|
|Number of Products||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Free Trials||30-day free trial||30-day free trial||No|
|Additional Feature||Everything in Starter plus:||Everything in Advanced plus:|
As we mentioned, Placester is a website builder made with realtors in mind. Thus, it offers many powerful real-estate-specific features that not many other builders have. Those features include:
- An Agent Manager – Placester’s Agent Manager is a real estate broker software that comes with a set of tools that can help you with many real-estate-specific tasks. Namely, it allows real estate brokers to manage their back office, their agents’ websites, roster, profile, on-boarding, and more. And you can do all of that in one place. With Placester’s Agent Manager, you can apply changes across your whole real estate brokerage back office with a few simple clicks, and you can have super admin access to manage agent sites. You can support up to 1,000 agents with this software.
- Real-estate-specific designs – since this platform is tailor-made for realtors, it offers many high-quality real-estate templates which you can customize as much as you want.
- Services – Placester also offers all kinds of real-estate-related services, like writing bios for agents or brokers, setting up a landing page for new listings, testimonial import, email writing, chatbot installation, and more. It has a vast marketplace where you can find all its services. You can find the marketplace on Placester’s website.
- Active Agent Pricing – with Placester, you will only pay for the agents who launch a website, and if some of them become inactive, Placester will automatically stop billing you for them.
- Integrations – Placester allows you to integrate your website with all kinds of third-party apps, like TotalBrokerage Integrations, LionDesk, Wise Agent, Realvolve, Userway, Follow Up Boss, Trello, Pipedrive, Drift, MailChimp, Google Sheets, Gmail, Privy, etc.
Other unique Placester features include an open house mobile app that allows you to showcase your listings from your phone, built-in IDX functionality, popups and contact forms with which you can generate and capture leads, and more. Also, Placester offers a discount to National Association of Realtors (NAR) members and is the only provider on our list that does so.
Placester is a powerful website builder explicitly made for real estate agents and companies. It offers excellent industry-specific tools and features and helpful SEO guidelines and toolkits. If you want to learn more about Placester, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.3
- Ease-of-use: 4.4
- Features: 4.3
- Design: 4.4
- Price: 4.3
- Support: 4.2
Like many of the other website builders on our list, GoDaddy is not specifically designed for real estate websites. However, it is still an excellent pick for realtors and agencies since it offers excellent premade templates you can choose from, and it makes it easy to add elements like featured listings and photo galleries to websites. Also, you can add a function that will allow your clients to book virtual appointments via Zoom directly from your website.
- It offers one of the fastest ways to get online
- Beginner-friendly ADI builder
- Great SEO tools
- Its customer support is slightly limited compared to its competitors
GoDaddy is best known for its powerful, beginner-friendly ADI builder that allows users to create their website and make it ready for launch at lightning speed!
|Price||UK £5.59/month||UK £7.99/month||UK £11.99/month||UK £15.99/month|
|Number of Products||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
GoDaddy Website Builder
As we mentioned, GoDaddy provides one of the fastest ways to create a website and get online on the market. The builder achieves all of that thanks to its excellent ADI builder. Namely, with its ADI builder, all you would need to do to create a website is answer a few questions related to your website, and the builder will create your website based on your answers. What’s best, it will do all of that within minutes!
But don’t worry. If you want to add or change something after you get your website, you can. Also, you can hire an expert to do everything for you if you don’t want to use GoDaddy’s ADI builder.
Every GoDaddy template is fully mobile-optimized and responsive. Also, all of them are customizable and cover all kinds of categories, including:
- Coming Soon templates;
- Home Services;
- Online Store;
- Professional Services;
- And more.
GoDaddy’s IDX and Lead Capture
GoDaddy’s templates don’t come with IDX built-in, but the builder provides a meticulous, step-by-step guide on how to add IDX or MLS real estate listings to your website.
As for lead capturing tools and features, GoDaddy relies on social media, newsletter sign-ups, and on-site chat boxes where you can chat directly with your clients.
All in all, GoDaddy offers all the necessary features for you to build your real estate website and build it fast. If you want to learn more about GoDaddy, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.2
- Ease-of-use: 4.1
- Features: 4.3
- Design: 4.3
- Price: 4.2
- Support: 4.1
Webflow is a more advanced website builder that offers excellent responsive templates, SEO tools, and other more advanced tools to its users. With Webflow, you can create a unique and highly-functional website with blocks and web elements of all kinds. Since it is a more advanced builder, beginners tend to skip over it, and advanced users are usually the ones who pick Webflow as their builder of choice.
However, beginners can also use the builder if they want. It may take some time to get used to and learn, but it is not impossible!
- 200+ high-quality and responsive themes
- Flexible content management system
- SEO with fine-tune control
- Not as beginner-friendly as its competitors
|Price||US $0/month||US $15/month||US $20/month||US $45/month||Custom|
|Number of Products||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
Tools for Interactions and Animations
Webflow has created its own tools with which users can create their own unique animations. With its tools, you can create scroll-based parallax animations. Also, the animations can achieve effects like precise reveal animations, progress bars, and many more.
In addition, you can tie motion to scroll progress, craft animations that build as you scroll, build micro-interactions around mouse movement, crate rich, multi-step animations, reveal content on click, create rich hover animations, quickly add preset interactions, integrate after effects & Lottie animations, and many more.
With Webflow, you can add the following elements and triggers to your website:
- Hover out and over;
- Mouse movement;
- First and second click;
- Scroll into and out of view;
- Scroll up and down;
- Scroll progress;
- Page finishes loading;
- Page starts loading;
- Slider panel change;
- Dropdown open;
- Navbar menu open;
- Tab panel change.
Webflow offers the following effects and controls:
- Background color
- Border color
- Text color
- Per breakpoint visibility
- After Effects & Lottie
Webflow offers more than 1,000 templates that are fully customizable and responsive. The categories it offers include:
- Photography & Video
- Food & Drink
- Beauty & Wellness
- And more.
Webflow is a powerful website builder with which you can create all kinds of powerful websites, including real estate websites. If you want to learn more about Webflow, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.1
- Ease-of-use: 4.0
- Features: 4.3
- Design: 4.0
- Price: 4.2
- Support: 4.2
WordPress.org is an open-source platform that is entirely free to use. With it, you can download and install WordPress and create an excellent WordPress website. Also, WordPress.org is one of the most flexible builders on the market and allows its users to add as much content as they want. With WordPress.org, you will need to buy a hosting plan and a domain from a different place in order to host your website since it does not provide hosting or domain registration/transfer.
- Free to use
- Excellent value for money
- A large online community
- Setting up your website will take a longer time compared to other website builders
WordPress.org is best known for its excellent flexibility and its huge plugin library that contains thousands of useful plugins.
|Number of products||Unlimited|
WordPress.org takes the crown for offering the most extensive and large plugin library on the market. As of now, and according to its website, WordPress.org offers an astounding 59,590 free plugins. Some of them include:
- Yoast SEO – this app helps you improve your site’s SEO;
- Jetpack – which can help you improve WP security and provides tools for creating backups and conducting malware scans;
- Contact Form by WPForms – with which you can capture leads;
- Advanced Editor Tools (previously TinyMCE Advanced) – which enhances the block editor (Gutenberg) and the classic editor (TinyMCE);
- MC4WP: MailChimp for WordPress – with which you can capture and engage leads;
- Smush – which allows you to compress and optimize photos with lazy load and more;
- Rank Math SEO – which is one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress;
- Gutenberg Template and Pattern Library & Redux Framework – which offers a library of Gutenberg block templates, layouts, and patterns;
- Ninja Forms Contact Form – which is a beginner-friendly form builder that can help you capture leads;
- The Events Calendar – which is one of the best calendar plugins for WordPress;
- MailPoet – which is an excellent plugin for creating and sending emails and newsletters in WordPress;
- And many more.
WordPress.org comes packed with powerful and useful plugins that can help you make your website truly unique. If you want to learn more about WordPress.org, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
- Overall Score: 4.0
- Ease-of-use: 3.8
- Features: 4.2
- Design: 4.1
- Price: 4.0
- Support: 4.0
IDX Broker is a website builder made specifically for real estate agents and companies. It offers its users to have more control over their websites with its advanced, industry-specific tools and features. The platform is built on WordPress, so users might need some basic WordPress knowledge to take full advantage of everything IDX Broker offers.
- Customized lead capture strategies
- Excellent customization options
- Excellent integration with IDX
- Not as suitable for beginners as its competitors
IDX Broker is best known for its powerful, industry-specific tools and features and its excellent customization options. It is ideal for more advanced users who want to have more control and customization freedom over their website.
|Price||Starting at $55/month||Starting at $90/month|
|Number of products||Unknown||Unknown|
Customized Lead Captures
IDX Broker allows users to choose how aggressive they want to be with their lead capture strategies. Namely, you can take all kinds of different approaches to lead capturing with the builder. You can go for a more subtle approach and let clients browse your website first before you ask them for their contact information, or you can go with a more aggressive approach and increase the number of popups, email solicitations, and lead magnet promotions on your website.
Speaking of lead capturing, you can add all kinds of elements that can help you capture leads with IDX Broker. Namely, you can add a map pin that will automatically scroll any property into view and highlight it, and you can allow clients to move and zoom in to search a particular geographic area and more.
You can also take advantage of many other powerful IDX Broker features, like:
- Simple and effective search;
- Limitless customization options;
- Lead metrics;
- SSL security;
- IMPress for IDX Broker;
- Agent IDX Case Study;
- Showcase sold listings;
- Sophisticated IDX Lead Routing;
- Easy agent management;
- And many more.
Since IDX Broker runs on WordPress, it offers its users virtually endless customization opportunities and tools. Also, IDX Broker offers extensive SEO tools and resources that you can use to rank up on search engines like Google and be easier to find on the Internet.
IDX Broker comes with amazing real-estate-specific tools and features. It allows its users to have more control over their website, and since it is built with WordPress, it offers virtually endless options for customization. If you want to learn more about IDX Broker, you can do so by reading our expert review on the builder.
Next Steps In Building the Perfect Real Estate Website
Okay, now that we covered all the website builders one by one in detail, let’s see what other steps you would need to take to build your website. There are usually a few uniform steps that everyone would need to complete, so those are the ones we are going to cover. Of course, depending on the builder, you might need to do additional or fewer steps, but the ones we are going to list are the most common and essential ones. For example, with Zyro, you might want to use some AI tool to customize your website in addition to other necessary steps or download specific plugins with WordPress.org.
The first step that you would need to take after choosing a website builder is registering a domain name. Also, if you already have one, you can transfer your existing domain name to the website builder that you have chosen. Choosing a suitable domain name is one of the most important steps in building a website. Your domain name should be short and easy to remember.
After registering and transferring a domain name, you will usually need to choose a plan. As you can see above, almost all website builders offer more than one price plan to their users. Choosing which plan you are going to go with largely depends on your needs and the size of the website you want to create. Namely, the cheapest plans are usually suitable for building smaller websites, while the larger plans are usually best for more extensive, content-driven websites.
Now, if you want to build your website with WordPress, this is the time when you would need to install it. If not, you can skip this step and continue with designing your website and adding features. This step involves choosing a template, editing it with your logo and business colors, and adding all the features that you like. Some features you can add are call-to-action buttons, drop-down menus, search bars, and many more. Also, this is the time when you add photos of your listings as well as descriptions and prices. However, you can always add more listings or delete old ones in the future.
The next step is adding IDX-powered listings to your website. Of course, this step is only applicable to those that use such listings in their operations. Other useful steps you can do also include adding other visual content like videos and adding links to your social media accounts so that people can also follow you there.
What Should a Real Estate Website Include?
We want to begin this section of the article by stating that everyone is free to add and include whatever kinds of features and content they like. However, if you want your website to look more professional and organized, you should include the following features and content:
- First things first, include as many photos of your properties as you can. Photos of each room, the outside, and in general, the whole house or apartment you are selling is a must for any real estate website. Also, along with the photos, you should add descriptions of the properties and the rooms.
- Include searchable listings – you should provide access to your area’s MLS listings by using an IDX database. That way, potential buyers can see the properties and contact you if they want to schedule an appointment to see them.
- Also, you need to make sure that all the links you have are working and show only the most current information and news available.
- Include relevant and important information – adding mortgage calculators or local weather forecasts is the least you can provide to your visitors. In addition to that, you should also add information like tenant rules and bylaws, which is far more valuable to your clients compared to what the weather in the area is like.
- Keep it simple – everyone wants their website to look good. However, you should design and organize your website in a way that makes it easy for visitors to find what they’re looking for quickly. Also, your homepage should contain methods via which clients can contact you, information on how they can search for homes on your website, and other important information like that. Go easy on animations and flashy features.
Overall, there are many excellent options for building real estate-centered websites. And if you don’t know which options are the best and don’t have the time or expertise to find out on your own, you can use our recommendation system and choose your favorite from the top 10 best website builders for real estate on the market.
Thus, you have everything that you need in front of you. All you need to do is choose one out of the ten builders on our list that you like best, and you will be ready to get online and grow!