Magento Hosting in 2020 – The Contenders For the Best Service Around
Magento hosting services may seem a dime a dozen, with thousands of platforms available and a seemingly impossible decision to make.
Even so, you need the right hosting service to get the most out of your Magento storefront, so you should know exactly what to look for.
When you’re considering the best choice for you, it’s important to keep several factors in mind:
- How reliable and fast is your website?
- What security features does it include?
- Does it give you SSL certificates for your website?
- How easily can you scale your hosting?
These are just a few of the things you need to consider, but they’re key to making sure you have the best pairing of e-commerce and hosting.
Explore our top Magento hosting website rankings below to get started and read our in-depth expert and consumer reviews for Magento web hosting services to find the right one for you:
What is Magento?
Magento is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms for businesses thanks to a great combination of on-premise and cloud-based tools that let you customize and get the most out of your company’s online store.
One of the biggest draws of Magento is the flexibility its open-source version gives, which lets you modify your store at the source code and create something that works for your business.
Most importantly, Magento gives you a full-stack solution for your online store, from building each page to using deep analytics to understand your store’s visitors. Magento also lets you handle all your logistics and supply chains directly from your site, and add new features that improve your customers’ experience.
Why do You Need Magento Hosting?
While Magento’s mountain of features gives you an excellent starting point for your e-commerce website, it also means you need a more powerful hosting solution than ready-made platforms can give you.
Instead of choosing the cheapest option, you need to find one that fits your needs, and lets you use Magento’s tools to the fullest.
This is even more important if you’re planning to expand quickly. Without the proper infrastructure, you’ll have trouble expanding your website to fit a larger audience. You should look for a hosting platform that supports Magento and gives you the tools to scale up when you need them.
We all know how much time can be lost if you select the wrong server. Magento offers different versions depending on company size, unique needs, and goals.
Additionally, different versions of Magento work best with some hosting platforms, but not others. You need to make sure you’re using the right version to properly set up your e-store.
Most importantly, even though Magento is an excellent resource to build your e-commerce store, it needs specialized tools that providers like WordPress and Joomla simply don’t offer. Having a hosting platform that fits your Magento needs is in your best interest.
What are the Benefits of Magento Hosting?
Before getting started with Magento hosting, you should know what you’re getting. Setting up with one of the best Magento hosting services gives you several benefits, including:
- You can ensure your website loads quickly and consistently: Loading times are the new competition point for websites as factors like price and variety even out across websites. Users will browse away from websites that take too long to load and look for smoother browsing experiences. More importantly, users are looking for reliable websites that always work like they’re supposed to. Optimized hosting lets you create the best possible conditions for your store.
- You can boost your website’s visibility: In addition to encouraging consumers to keep browsing, fast website loading times are essential to improve your search engine rankings. Google continuously modifies its infamous indexing algorithm, and it favors websites that load quickly and easily. By optimizing your web hosting to match Magento, you can consistently rank at the top of your sector and keep search engines happy with your performance.
- You can tailor your hosting solution to your unique needs: WordPress, Joomla, and other web hosting solutions offer some great tools, but they tend to provide similar features and some restrictions. Installing Magento on these hosting platforms is easy but can be troublesome when you need to customize your store. Instead, optimized Magento web hosting lets you build a server solution that fits your needs to a “T”, and gives you the freedom to build your store exactly the way you want.
What Factors to Consider for Magento Hosting
Before you settle on a choice for a hosting solution, you need to know what you’re looking for. Instead of landing on the cheapest or first option you see, ask yourself some important questions to guide you. These are some of the key factors to consider when you start searching for your hosting platform:
- Does it support the version of Magento you plan to run?
This is important as it can significantly hamper your website’s efficiency. If you’re running the most up-to-date version, then your hosting solution must have support enabled and provide things like caching, SSL certificates, and cross-platform connectivity.
- How well can it scale?
The goal of e-commerce sites is to grow and absorb more consumers, so a hosting solution needs to be able to grow with you. Deciding on the right web hosting tool may come down to understanding how easily and affordably you can scale your existing capacity to meet increased traffic to your website
- How does it perform on loading and uptime tests?
You want your store to load fast and stay available around the clock, so your hosting solution should want the same. While a difference of a few milliseconds may seem insignificant at first, it can mean a lot to a consumer who’s in a rush. Similarly, slightly lower uptime can mean that you’re missing out on sale opportunities at unexpected times.
- Does it offer strong support?
No matter how well you plan and prepare, you’ll likely need customer support at some point in your e-store’s life. When it comes to hosting, problems become exacerbated as they affect not just a single part, but your entire company. As such, finding a hosting service that offers 24/7 support and multiple channels of communication is crucial.
Choose the Best Magento Web Hosting
Finding the right hosting platform is the first step in building the best e-commerce website possible. With Magento, you have the freedom to design your store exactly as you envisioned it, but you need to make sure you have the right foundation for your website. To get started with your new e-commerce store, read our Magento hosting reviews and find the right platform to set up your new website.