What is Small Business Hosting
Small and medium-sized businesses don’t always have the bottomless resources of their enterprise level rivals and must often find creative ways around their problems. From running lean operations to uncovering smarter ways to attract customers, being a small business requires tools that are nimble and effective.
However, when it comes to web hosting, it can be difficult to justify cutting corners and limiting your website and product’s effectiveness. Fortunately, the expansive web hosting landscape means that you can discover affordable and robust web hosting at prices that match your current capacity. Indeed, some of the best cloud hosting for small business combines low costs and scalable products loaded with useful features.
Before choosing your host, though, you should make sure your provider meets the standards for the best web hosting for a small E-commerce business. Ask yourself these questions before you make a choice:
- What business tools are included in the package?
- How many domains can I set up?
- Do I have a dedicated or shared server?
- What is the maximum bandwidth and traffic capacity?
- Can they scale with my company?
Why Do You Need Small Business Hosting?
Hosting and web design are expensive when you’re just getting started. As a small business, it’s crucial to build your online presence and brand, but having budget constraints can alter those plans drastically. Even worse, many large hosting companies add to the problem by offering “basic” plans that are more expensive and deliver less value.
On the other hand, website and email hosting services for small businesses are built specifically for entrepreneurs. In exchange for scaled back services—shared hosting instead of dedicated servers, some bandwidth limits, fewer domains—you gain vital tools that let you start building your business. Instead of giving you features and space you don’t need, these website hosting services for small business are designed to keep your operation lean and effective. When you’re ready to scale, they can also be upgraded to keep growing with you.
What are the Benefits of Small Business Hosting
- They keep your costs down: The best hosting sites for small business give you exactly what you need, without the bells and whistles. These products are focused on helping you get started while giving you access to the essentials at affordable rates. Even better, many will provide you with steep discounts when you subscribe and may also grant you access to free services as well. In some cases, you may even find a free option—though a heavily limited one—that can at least get you up and running.
- They give you hosting options: Unlike specialized hosting services that offer specific packages, the best web hosting services for small businesssupply you with choices. Most services include shared hosting, cloud servers, and even VPS or other dedicated hosting alternatives.
- They give you tools and support with established CMS: Instead of forcing you into a single CMS, hosting services for small websites let you select which works best for your website’s needs. Many include support for major platforms like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. More importantly, they give you the tools to maximize your CMS and make it echo your specific needs.
What Factors Should I Consider for Small Business Hosting?
- Check the fine print – When reading through hosting reviews, you can see some deals that seem to good to be true. That’s why it’s always important to scour the fine print regarding prices and services. Some may offer “unlimited” bandwidth or traffic, but actually throttle your capacity after a limit. Others may offer “low” prices that get much higher after you conclude an introductory period.
- Find reliable uptimes – Low-cost is not low quality, and your hosting service should be reliable. Instead of focusing exclusively on low prices, find a hosting option that has high uptimes and will keep your website running all the time. For example, the best WordPress hosting for small business keeps websites available almost 99.9% of the time.
- Look for varied offerings – Shared hosting is great for small businesses, but it shouldn’t be the only option you explore. Sometimes, having a dedicated server or cloud hosting can give you greater room to maneuver and experiment. Additionally, if you can’t operate on shared hosting due to security concerns and restrictions, being able to choose dedicated options is crucial. The best hosting for small business gives you options you can use.
- Choose an option that scales with you – You’re not going to stay a small business forever, so choosing an option assuming you are will lead to a bad fit. Find a web hosting option that lets you expand your bandwidth, storage, and processing speed as you grow to keep costs in line with your ability to afford them.
Choose the Right Small Business Hosting
The right small business hosting plan can help you set your company up for future success. Before deciding on your final choice, explore our small business hosting expert reviews and see how the top contenders in the field stack up against each other. Read through our user reviews to see what experiences others are having and uncover the hosting option that gives you the best blend of features and tools needed to construct a powerful online presence.