A good Indian VPS not only offers good speed but also makes it easy for users in India to get help and control their data. If you’re thinking about a lighter option, like shared hosting, we also have some great suggestions.
After a thorough investigation, we have found six excellent VPS providers in India. Ultahost and InterServer stand out as the best, receiving high marks for their outstanding performance, unwavering dependability, and excellent customer service. Let’s find out why these service providers are thought to be the best in the Indian market.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing Indian VPS Hosting
We already have extensive guides on how to choose the right web hosting. However, when picking the best Indian VPS hosting provider, you should keep these points in mind:
- Reliability: You must ensure the provider offers a 99.9% uptime commitment.
- Scalability: Good VPS hosting should make it easy to scale your hosting resources when you need to easily, allowing you to adapt your website to growing business needs.
- Security: Your VPS host provider should provide sufficient privacy and security features to keep your website and data secure.
- Multiple OS Choices: SInce this isn’t shared hosting where you have limited control, your provider should allow you choose an OS that may best suit you.
- Root Access: Full root access allows you to run any process or application on your server, as a VPS server should.
- Cost-effectiveness: While pricing is a significant factor, you want to compare it with the features provided. You are better off with fair pricing that contains all the resources you need in the right amount than go for a cheap provider that requires you to buy add-ons to meet your website needs.
The best Indian VPS hosting services of 2023 (Bought and Tested):
For those seeking the most technologically advanced VPS products for their business, Kamatera provides the perfect solution. Offering flexible, fast, and reliable solutions tailored to startups, SaaS developers, web & app developers, Kamatera delivers unbeatable performance at a competitive price. Kamatera VPS is appropriate for businesses of all sizes and offers personalized 24/7 technical support.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.8
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.6
Pricing: Kamatera offers several VPS hosting plans starting from $4/mo. The cheapest plan provides you with 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, and Public IPs.
Features: Kamatera offers a wide array of features such as Public IPs, unlimited bandwidth, a 30-day free trial, flexible scaling models, hourly billing, DDOS Protection, various OS templates, and other features.
Performance: Kamatera offers Intel Xeon Platinum/Cascade Lake processors, 2.7GHz+, and guarantees an impressive 99.95% uptime. Kamatera data centers utilize cutting-edge technology and are AICPA – SOC 2 – TYPE II compliant or more.
Support: Kamatera has customer support services which are available 24 hours a day through live chat, phone, or email.
User Friendly: Kamatera has a user-friendly management console from which you can control all your cloud server infrastructure components. Additionally, Kamatera offers an option to install various user-friendly cPanel and Plesk instances.
Pros & Cons
- Hourly billing.
- Flexible scaling models.
- 99.95% uptime guarantee.
- 24/7/365 Tech human support.
- No free backups.
- No free SSL certificates.
- No proper knowledge base, only a few FAQs on their website.
Have you ever used a web host that has an AI assistant that will guide you through the server and website setup process from start to finish? If you have, then you’ve probably already used Hostinger. This beginner-friendly Indian VPS hosting provider comes with a variety of features and services that will make your life much easier (at least the running a website part of it).
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Performance: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: Hostinger offers four VPS hosting plans that are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. The entry-level plan, KVM 1, costs $5.99/month (on an annual billing period) and includes one vCPU core, 4GB of RAM, 50GB of NVMe storage, and 1TB of bandwidth.
Features: You’ll get weekly backups, server snapshots, a dedicated IP, full root access, an AI assistant, Wanguard DDoS filtering, an AI-powered firewall, the ability to use Ubuntu, Debian, Rocky Linux, CentOS, AlmaLinux, CyberPanel, Plesk, Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, Node.js, and more.
Performance: Hostinger has a fiber-connected infrastructure that offers a 300Mb/s network speed. It also uses fast-paced NVMe storage, high-quality AMD EPYC processors, and industry-leading DELL and HPE servers to give reliable and fast performance.
Support: With Hostinger, you’ll get round-the-clock customer support via email and live chat. Moreover, you’ll get access to a wide range of written guides, tutorials, and articles via its website.
User Friendly: Hostinger is compatible with many beginner-friendly control panels such as cPanel, Plesk, and DirectAdmin. Also, its AI assistant will help you create your website and manage everything from firewalls to installing third-party apps.
Pros & Cons
- An AI assistant that will help you with everything you need.
- Easy-to-use control panels.
- An enterprise-grade data center in India.
- Costs more on renewal (but the difference isn’t big at all).
If you are in search of a VPS that offers both reliability and high performance – UltaHost is the answer. Unleash your website’s full potential and speed with our state-of-the-art VPS hosting. Experience unparalleled flexibility, unlimited bandwidth, and top-notch performance, all at an unbeatable price. Take advantage of the most competitive prices for managed VPS hosting and enjoy unmatched virtual server reliability and performance.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: VPS hosting plans start from $5.5/mo for a VPS basic plan. This plan provides you with 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 30GB of NVMe storage, managed server, and 1 IPv4 Dedicated IP.
Features: UltaHost offers a wide array of features such as IPv4 addresses, unlimited bandwidth, BitNinja security, free domain transfer and automated backups, free SSL, and an extensive range of additional features.
Performance: UltaHost guarantees an impressive 99.99% uptime. UltaHost utilizes high-speed NVMe storage, scalable DDR5 RAM, built-in cache, and top-of-the-line hardware to deliver fast and reliable performance.
Support: UltaHost has a skilled team of specialists who offer round-the-clock customer support through live chat, phone, and email channels. Additionally, UltaHost has implemented comprehensive knowledgebase guides to help you out with any question.
User Friendly: The user-friendly control panels allow you to effortlessly manage your hosting environment and website. You can choose from the free Hestia&CyberPanel, Plesk, or cPanel.
Pros & Cons
- SSD NVMe Disk Drives for unprecedented speed and reliability.
- Managed Indian Server with updated OS, security patches, and much more.
- 99.99% uptime guarantees stability and reliability of hosting performance.
- Slightly higher cost compared to other providers, but you will get speed, flexibility, and reliability
IONOS is a cost-effective VPS hosting provider that leverages state-of-the-art technology to deliver reliable hosting services. With IONOS, you receive full root access to your server and a wide array of features necessary for hosting and managing your website seamlessly within a unified platform. IONOS VPS plans include SSD SAN storage, DDoS protection, SSL encryption, firewall management, and daily backups, ensuring the security and integrity of your data.
- Overall Score: 3.9
- Pricing: 3.9
- Features: 3.5
- Performance: 4.3
- Support: 4.0
- User Friendly: 3.8
Pricing: IONOS provides flexible payment options, allowing you to choose between monthly or yearly billing for their plans. For the XS Linux VPS plan, you can opt for the cost-effective price of $2 per month. This plan includes one vCore CPU, 1GB RAM, and 10GB SSD storage.
Features: IONOS presents a plethora of valuable features, including full root access for complete control, fast-paced NVMe storage, unlimited traffic with speeds of up to 1 Gbit/s, full virtualization, dedicated resources, an SSL certificate, IPS and IDS protection, DDoS protection, firewall management, multiple Linux OS options, and many additional features.
Performance: IONOS offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Their hosting plans provide access to scalable servers and SSD/HDD storage options. With features like Marai DB and MySQL databases, IONOS ensures a robust hosting experience.
Support: IONOS provides customers with three support options, including phone, cloud support, and live chat, accessible 24/7.
User Friendly: You can manage your Linux VPS hosting plan with IONOS’ custom cloud panel, which is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable pricing plans.
- 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Fully virtualized servers with root access
- Prices for IONOS may increase upon renewal, but they are still budget-friendly.
- Customer support is not always reliable.
InterServer is a cloud VPS hosting provider that gives you great flexibility and 16 different plans to choose from. It’s ideal for businesses that expect to grow quickly and need web hosting that will seamlessly meet their higher resource demand.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.5
- Features: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- User Friendly: 4.4
Pricing: InterServer offers 16 pricing plans you can choose from, and all of them come with 30-day money-back guarantees. The cheapest plan costs $6/month and includes one CPU core, 30GB of SSD storage, 2,048MB of memory, and 2TB of transfers.
Features: InterServer is compatible with both Linux and Windows, supports a wide range of scripts including WordPress, Joomla, Drupa, and more, and offers full root access, KVM, OpenVZ, Virtuozzo and Hyper-v virtualization platforms, many developer features and tools, and more.
Performance: This web host comes with a 99.9% uptime guarantee and uses high-performance SSD storage to boost your page speeds. Also, it has self-healing hardware and offers dedicated resources to all users.
Support: With InterServer, you’ll get fast and responsive customer support, available 24/7 via phone, email, live chat, and a ticketing system. In addition, there’s a “Tips” section on the provider’s website full of guides and tutorials.
User Friendly: InterServer is compatible with some of the best and most user-friendly control panels on the market – cPanel, DirectAdmin, and Plesk. Also, you can set up your website in a few simple steps and get online within minutes.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with Linux and Windows.
- Allows you to use cPanel, DirectAdmin, and Plesk.
- Offers a wide range of flexible VPS plans.
- It doesn’t have any servers in India (but its US-based ones will still give you excellent performance).
- Overall score – 4.9
- User Friendly – 5
- Support – 5
- Features – 5
- Reliability – 5
- Pricing – 4.5
Overall score – 4.9: HostArmada is our best Indian VPS hosting provider. It checks all the right boxes due to its fantastic customer support, user-friendly interface, impressive features, and reliability.
User Friendly – 5: The welcome screen gives you a rundown of everything to know about your account. You can access different areas like your domains, active services, and invoices from your dashboard.
Support – 5: HostArmada provides a friendly and helpful support team. You can contact them via live chat, phone, email, and the ticketing system for all your technical needs and to resolve other issues such as invoicing. The knowledge base also contains helpful solutions to problems you may encounter.
Features – 5: HostArmada’s top feature is their SSD cloud-based storage in all plans. You also get other great features like unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificate, free domain name, daily backups, free website builder, user-friendly cPanel, and Softaculous 1-click Installer.
Reliability – 5: HostArmada offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee. It can also effortlessly handle surges in website traffic. Thanks to its constant stability and reliable security, you can be sure your website on HostArmada will run without issues.
Pricing – 4.5: HostArmada’s Web Shuttle plan costs $41.21 when you start and renews at $54.9/mo. The package features unlimited websites, 50 GB SSD storage, a single-core CPU, 2 GB RAM, and 2 TB bandwidth. You also get free SSL certificates and backups and enhanced security features.
Additional parameter - Impressive email management: One feature we instantly loved was the email management area. It provides quick access to all the emailing features we believe every business should have. These features include email accounts, autoresponders, forwarders, and professional spam filters.
HostArmada is famous for its phenomenal speeds, uptime guarantee, and simple-to-use interface.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to use
- Website builder
- Free domain name
- Free website migration
- Free SSL certificates
- High renewal prices
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Indian VPS Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
This article showed you the top six hosting providers that provide reliable performance, enough essential features, helpful and prompt customer support, and affordable pricing. You can choose one from the list and get started right away. They offer money-back guarantees, so if you change your mind about the service, you can always get a refund – provided it is within the money-back guarantee period.
Our top recommendation is HostArmada due to its consistent impressive performance, robust features, and helpful customer support. If you are concerned about data center hosting locations, FastComet is the obvious choice. Small and large businesses benefit from Verpex hosting, while Webdock does the most for developers. When it comes to balancing it all out, ChemiCloud is a perfect choice.
How we rank hosting providers
At HostAdvice, we conduct in-depth testing and research on web hosts to discover their best features, pricing structure, extra benefits, and flaws. We also continually update our reviews based on market news and improvements made by hosting providers. This way, we can constantly provide updated information to help our readers get the best VPS hosting services for their needs.
As you can tell from our chart, we have different factors we look out for, and each element carries a specific percentage. We ascribe high weight to critical aspects.
What is VPS hosting, and who is it for?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting leverages virtualization technology to provide server resources. It is a sweet spot between shared hosting and dedicated server hosting.
VPS hosting offers more benefits than shared hosting:
- It provides far more resources, flexibility, and scalability than shared hosting.
- It offers more security and stability than shared hosting
VPS hosting has several benefits over dedicated server hosting:
- It provides the resources of dedicated server hosting without the need to rent an entire server.
- It is a cheaper yet effective alternative for those who require many resources but cannot afford a dedicated server space.
The people who need VPS hosting are those whose websites:
- Experience medium to high traffic
- Require many resources
- Engage in large-scale e-commerce
Generally speaking, any business that wants to scale at a friendly price and benefit from the stability of having their servers should consider VPS hosting. It offers a dependable, business-scale hosting environment at a price lower than that of dedicated servers.
Additional considerations for a VPS hosting plan
You should consider these features when choosing a VPS hosting provider:
- Managed vs. Unmanaged VPS: A managed server gives you less control, is expensive, and takes your server’s ethical aspects off your hands. An unmanaged server is cheaper, but you are responsible for site security and maintenance.
- Content considerations: Some providers have rules against hosting certain types of content, such as adult or crypto content. Read the terms of service (ToS) to avoid sudden account termination.
- Server Speed: Sever speed refers to how long it takes for the server to respond to queries. A slow server can negatively affect the service quality of your website. You can improve your page load speed, but the server speed is entirely up to the host. Do your research before deciding.
- Data Backup: Ideally, you want a provider that offers daily and weekly backups and easy restores. Some providers provide automatic backups, while others require you to make the backups yourself.
- User-friendliness: Regardless of whether you are a developer or a novice, you need a cPanel that allows you to quickly access all your needed resources. Beginners definitely have a simple interface and easy-to-use tools.
Check the FAQs section below for answers to your questions, or contact us. We love to help our readers in any way we can.