WordPress is an in-demand content management system used by companies and businesses to build their websites. WordPress VPS hosting is a virtual private server that is specifically designed to host and optimize WordPress websites. The popular CMS application is pre-deployed and ready to be installed whenever you choose WordPress VPS hosting,
VPS hosting for WordPress is recommended for website owners who have exceeded the resources on a shared hosting plan or get medium-level traffic but don’t need the resources of a dedicated server. Users can deploy multiple WordPress websites on the server, but each website has its own dedicated resources such as storage space, bandwidth, and RAM.
At HostAdvice, our experts signed up, tested, and selected the top 10 best VPS hosting for WordPress based on important parameters to allow you host and build your WordPress website.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing a WordPress VPS Provider
- Uptime – Your WordPress VPS hosting provider should guarantee at least 99.9% uptime for maximum website performance and search ranking results.
- Cost vs Quality - Focus less on the cost of the service and more on the quality of the service.
- Customer support - Ensure you can get in touch with customer support through multiple channels if you need help.
- Security – Consider a VPS hosting provider that offers robust security features.
- Ease of use - Choose a WordPress VPS service that is easy to set up and manage with 1-click WordPress installation and a beginner friendly interface.
Our Top 10 Cheapest Forex VPS Providers (Bought and Tested)
Meet a multi-award-winning WordPress VPS hosting provider with over 1.5 million+ websites hosted for 400,000+ users, plus WordPress itself endorses it. Dreamhost offers a powerful solution for WordPress sites with impressive features such as managed VPS hosting, unlimited websites, 100% uptime guarantee and more. When you choose Dreamhost VPS hosting for WordPress, you will get unhindered website performance and low latency.
- Overall Score: 4.3
- Features: 4.3
- Reliability: 4.4
- User-Friendly: 4.3
- Support: 4.3
- Pricing: 4.3
Unlike other WordPress VPS providers, Dreamhost commits and backs your site up with a 100% uptime guarantee hosted on a secured and reliable infrastructure. With 20x faster SSD drives, you will get a VPS with high-performance SSD storage that ranges from 30GB to 240GB. You will get enough space to deploy your WordPress websites on VPS servers partitioned with respect to your needs.
On top of that, Dreamhost takes the security of your WordPress websites seriously with multi-factor authentication, PHP 7, HTTP/2, windows firewall, automatically enabled sFTP, free secure hosting and more. This will ensure your server keeps running up to date without issues.
Features: You will get enhanced VPS performance for your WordPress websites with unlimited traffic, VPS control panel, unlimited WordPress hosting, Unlimited MySQL Databases, Unlimited Email Accounts, SSL/TLS Certificate, automatic WordPress updates, One-Click WordPress Installer, Password protection and more!
Reliability: Guaranteed 100% uptime with a reliable infrastructure.
User Friendly: You will get an easy-to-setup and manage control panel to build and maintain your WordPress websites, plus managed services to keep your server running.
Support: They offer unlimited 24/7 technical support and assistance to help diagnose and resolve any issues you encounter.
Pricing: Depending on your needs, you can choose from 4 different WordPress VPS plans to host new, small business and resource-intensive websites. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, and specifications:
- VPS Basic: $10 – 1 GB RAM, 30 GB SSD Storage, Unlimited websites and bandwidth.
- VPS Business: $20 – 2 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD Storage, Unlimited websites and bandwidth.
- VPS Professional: $40 – 4 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD Storage, Unlimited websites and bandwidth.
- VPS Enterprise: $80 – 8 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD Storage, Unlimited websites and bandwidth.
Dreamhost offers a fully optimized WordPress VPS plan when you pay for one of their plans. You will get free WHOIS privacy, reseller and sub-account features to create and manage client accounts, billing, FTP and contractor website access. Plus, you can supercharge your MySQL database with a free 1 week trial for a high-performance MySQL database.
- WordPress endorsed hosting provider
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Unlimited features and resources at reasonable prices
- Host unlimited WordPress websites
- 20x faster SSD drives for low latency and unrivaled power
- One-click WordPress installation
- Award-winning hosting
- Live chat support requires login
- No Phone support
Inmotion hosting offers a rich VPS hosting environment for WordPress with UltraStack High-Performance Infrastructure. When you choose Inmotion VPS hosting for WordPress, you will get a custom-built infrastructure powered by the latest technology to run your high-traffic WordPress websites. Plus, you will get Varnish caching for fast loading times and a VPS server supported by PHP 7 and NGINX.
- Overall Score: 4.0
- Features: 4.1
- Reliability: 4.0
- User-Friendly: 4.1
- Support: 4.0
- Pricing: 4.0
Boost your WordPress VPS hosting experience with WordPress plugin essentials, security and protection tools, design tools and WordPress theme updates. You will get a fully managed service, so you don’t have to worry about your website’s speed and performance. Get InMotion VPS hosting for WordPress and protect your website against cyberattacks with DDoS protection that ensures the safety of your site and keeps your client happy.
Features: You will get better specifications at reasonable prices when you choose any WordPress VPS hosting plan. They come packed with features like Free SSL, Free Website Transfers & Server Setup, 5 cPanel Licenses Included, Free WHM License, Unlimited Professional Email, Yoast SEO, WooCommerce, iThemes Security, WP Super Cache, 5 cPanel licenses, and more!
Reliability: Each VPS hosting for WordPress is tripled to provide maximum uptime and high availability whenever you need it.
User Friendly: You will get a free drag and drop builder to build custom layouts for your WordPress website.
Support: As an Inmotion hosting customer, you can access 24/7 Customer Support via phone, email or chat.
Pricing: Get the best service when you choose any WordPress VPS hosting plan with faster website performance using NVMe storage. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, specifications and renewal costs:
- VPS 4 GB RAM: $19.99/month – 2 vCPU Cores, 4 GB RAM, 90 GB SSD, 2 TB Bandwidth and 2 Dedicated IPs. Renews at $59.99/month.
- VPS 8 GB RAM: $39.99/month – 4 vCPU Cores, 8 GB RAM, 150 GB NVMe SSD, Unlimited Bandwidth and 3 Dedicated IPs.. Renews at $86.99/month.
- VPS 12 GB RAM: $49.99/month – 6 vCPU Cores, 12 GB RAM, 210 GB NVMe SSD, Unlimited Bandwidth and 3 Dedicated IPs. Renews at 106.99/month.
- VPS 16 GB RAM: $59.99/month – 8 vCPU Cores, 16 GB RAM, 360 GB NVMe SSD, Unlimited Bandwidth and 3 Dedicated IPs. Renews at $126.99/month.
Inmotion is one of the top WordPress VPS hosting providers with features for your added convenience, performance and security. We like that they offer unlimited email accounts, unlimited WordPress websites, free domain, multi-layer defense tools, and 5 free cPanel accounts on all plans. Plus, they offer more CPU cores, so you can run more tasks and handle 20x More Traffic with Optimized Infrastructure.
- 20x faster NVMe SSD drives
- Free WHM License
- High-Availability Servers
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Free website transfers
- Faster hosting speeds
- Expensive renewal fees
Explore VPS hosting for WordPress on FastComet and safeguard your WordPress websites from malicious activities. We like that they have a self-improving system that monitors website requests to prevent application exploits and security threats. FastComet uses FastGuard as a protection shield to counteract botnet attacks, act as a web application firewall and Malware detection and removal.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.8
- User-Friendly: 4.8
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.7
FastComet is a provider of fully managed SSD Cloud VPS for WordPress websites with a global network powered by 9 data centers and 200 Global CDN network access points. You will get low latency, optimized connectivity, and a complete 360° control over your VPS to deploy, manage and optimize your cloud infrastructure for your WordPress websites. You can manage your accounts, domains, billing, and orders within the Client control area from any device.
Features: Get Cloud VPS hosting for WordPress with unbeatable features like unlimited websites, network firewall, brute force protection, free weekly backups, server monitoring, free website setup and transfer, Nginx Support, MySQL 5.7, Apache 2.2/2.4 Web Server, free Cloudflare CDN and more!
Reliability: They guarantee excellent low-latency and optimized connectivity with 9 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia.
User Friendly: You can install WordPress using the 1-click marketplace embedded in the popular and user-friendly cPanel/WHM, available in 29 languages
Support: They offer 24/7/365 solutions to client requests and also render more support for your cloud infrastructure and applications.
Pricing: The most cost-efficient, fully managed WordPress VPS hosting solution that will allow you to focus on other aspects of your business. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, specifications and renewal costs:
- Cloud 1: $47.95/month – Single 2.50GHz Core, 2 GB ECC RAM, 50 GB SSD Space, 2 TB Bandwidth, and 2000 Mbps Network Out. Renews at $59.95/month.
- Cloud 2: $55.95/month – 2 x 2.50GHz Cores, 4 GB ECC RAM, 80 GB SSD Space, 4 TB Bandwidth and 4000 Mbps Network Out. Renews at $69.95/month.
- Cloud 3: $71.95/month – 4 x 2.50GHz Cores, 8 GB ECC RAM, 160 GB SSD Space, 5 TB Bandwidth, and 5000 Mbps Network Out. Renews at $89.95/month.
- Cloud 4: $111.95/month - 6 x 2.50GHz Cores, 16 GB ECC RAM, 320 GB SSD Space, 8 TB Bandwidth, and 6000 Mbps Network Out. Renews at $139.95/month.
If quality VPS hosting for WordPress is what you are after, FastComet will provide a high performance virtual private server with fast connection speeds as well as enough resources to outperform your competitors. Plus, you will get your VPS server deployed in minutes and fully set up and ready to boost your WordPress website performance.
- 24/7/365 Technical Support
- 15 minutes server setup
- WordPress Web Application Firewall
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Fully managed WordPress VPS Cloud
- No downtime during website transfer
- Not affordable for new WordPress users
Power your WordPress website with a fully managed cloud-based VPS hosting to get the result you need on the web. Scalahosting offers enterprise-level hardware with cutting-edge cloud technology so that your websites load faster to increase your sales, SEO score, and global visibility.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.8
- User-Friendly: 4.8
- Support: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.8
Scalahosting is one of the best VPS hosting for WordPress providers, with more than 35 enterprise-grade datacenters in strategic locations globally. We like that they have a SWordPress manager optimized to make it easy to clone, stage, backup and restore your website with little effort. Plus, they offer a fully managed VPS hosting for WordPress with top-notch security and root access to control, customize your website and sell your products.
Scalahosting also stands out among other providers with in-house security management tools and control panels and they say you can enjoy world-class security and rock-solid reliability. You will get Spanel VPS control panel designed specifically to provide blazing fast loading speeds, robust security and 100% email deliverability. There is also SShield cybersecurity that offers live protection to eliminate up to 99.998% of attacks on your websites.
Features: As one of the top-rated VPS hosting for WordPress, scalahosting offers amazing in-house tools and features such as SPanel, SShield, SWordPress, Unmetered Bandwidth, NVMe SSD storage, Softaculous one-click installer, Dedicated IP address, free website migration, daily backups, and more!
Reliability: With more than 35 data centers globally, they guarantee 100% uptime, 100% email deliverability, and low latency.
User Friendly: With the revolutionary Spanel control panel, you will experience fast loading speeds and reliable cybersecurity.
Support: As a Scalahosting customer, you will enjoy 100% customer satisfaction and 24/7 expert help to resolve technical questions and fix any issues.
Pricing: You will get guaranteed resources whenever you choose Scalahosting for your WordPress VPS hosting. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, and specifications:
- Start: $29.95/month – 2 CPU Cores, 4GB RAM, 50GB SSD
- Advanced: $63.95/month – 4 CPU Cores, 8GB RAM, 100GB SSD
- Business: $121.95/month – 6 CPU Cores, 16GB RAM, 150GB SSD
- Enterprise: $179.95/month – 8 CPU Cores, 24GB RAM, 200GB SSD
You can also customize your preferred hardware specifications to build your own cloud-managed VPS to host your WordPress websites.
- 35 data centers globally
- Affordable In-house management tools
- 30 day Money back guarantee
- 100% customer satisfaction
- Top-rated Cloud VPS solutions
- Customize your own cloud infrastructure
- Robust Spanel control panel
- SWordPress Manager
- Require users to commit to a long-term billing
- Not cheap for new users
WP Engine is the #1 hosting platform dedicated to building and hosting WordPress websites. We like that they provide managed WordPress hosting with a 99.99% uptime guarantee to power more than 1.5 million WordPress websites in 150+ countries. The platform is optimized for WordPress and improves website speeds with world-class hosting infrastructure, runs on the latest version of PHP, automatic WordPress updates, and delivers content to your visitors with fully managed CDN.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Features: 4.5
- Reliability: 4.6
- User-Friendly: 4.6
- Support: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.1
Migrate to WP Engine and enjoy up to 40% increase in website speed to boost your Google rankings and make your visitors experience fast page loads. Since every second counts for your visitors, WP Engine uses EverCache technology to reduce the load on your server and ensures it can handle your website traffic to power a remarkable online experience for your visitors.
Features: Grow your business with a platform specifically created to optimize WordPress websites with WordPress-specific features like Faster site speed with website caching, WordPress and PHP updates, an Integrated content distribution network, one-click staging, 10 premium themes, automated WordPress migration plugins and more!
Reliability: You will get the fastest website speed with a 99.99% uptime guarantee to ensure your contents are available to your visitors.
User Friendly: As a WP Engine customer, you will enjoy effortless site management with better site performance and the fastest WordPress hosting.
Support: Their expert customer support team are on alert 24/7 and ready to assist you with any issue or questions you have. You can reach them via live chat and phone.
Pricing: WP Engine has 4 different Managed WordPress plans optimized to improve website speed, performance and SEO. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, and specifications:
- Startup: $30 – 1 Site included, 25,000 visits per month, 10 GB SSD storage, and 50 GB bandwidth.
- Professional: $59 – 3 Site included, 75,000 visits per month, 15 GB SSD storage, and 125 GB bandwidth.
- Growth: $115 – 10 Site included, 100,000 visits per month, 20 GB SSD storage, and 200 GB bandwidth.
- Scale: $290 – 30 Site included, 400,000 visits per month, 50 GB SSD storage, and 500 GB bandwidth.
- Dedicated WordPress hosting platform
- Fastest WordPress hosting
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Free SSL and website backups
- 24/7 expert support
- +40% website speed
- There is no virtualization technology
- No free domain
Hostgator is one of the most popular VPS hosting providers, with more than 2million+ websites hosted on their server platform. We like that they will allow you to customize your hosting environment based on your needs at reasonable prices with a virtual server allocated to your site. They say that they invest in state-of-the-art data centers, which means you will get maximum reliability and a network guarantee to ensure your WordPress website is always up and running.
- Overall Score: 3.4
- Features: 3.4
- Reliability: 3.4
- User-Friendly: 3.4
- Support: 3.2
- Pricing: 3.5
HostGator grants extra flex to WordPress users who want to control their website specifications and management with fewer limitations and heaps of beefed-up features for optimized WordPress performance. They enable 1-click WordPress installation to help you start building and deploying your website on a VPS server with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Features: HostGator offers advanced features for the advanced user to deliver a drama-free VPS hosting for WordPress. You will get features like Subversion Repository (SVN), Server Side Includes (SSI), Support for PHP 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3, Unlimited MySQL Database,, HostGator Portal Control Panel, Full Unix Shell, Access to Raw Log Files, Crontab Access, and more!
Reliability: Guarantees 99.9% uptime.
User Friendly: As a HostGator customer, you will get full root access and more control to customize your website resources.
Support: Customer support is available 24/7 via live chat, email and phone to answer your questions and resolve your website problems.
Pricing: HostGator offers affordable introduction and up to 75% off their VPS hosting plans. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, specifications and renewal costs:
- Snappy 2000: $23.95/month – 2 vCPU cores, 2 GB RAM, and 120 GB SSD storage. Renews at $79.95/month after 1 year.
- Snappy 4000: $34.95/month – 2 vCPU cores, 4 GB RAM, and 165 GB SSD storage. Renews at 119.95/month after 1 year.
- Snappy 6000: $59.95/month – 2 vCPU cores, 2 GB RAM, and 120 GB SSD storage. Renews at $149.95/month after 1 year.
- Free 1 year domain registration
- 45 day Money back guarantee
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Unlimited email accounts
- Centralized DDoS Protection
- Fully redundant network and uptime guarantee
- Renewal prices are expensive
Cloudzy is a great choice for your WordPress VPS hosting at a reasonable price. You will get reliable server performance running on powerful hardware specifications equipped with Enterprise level SSD storage with fast website speed across 15 different data centers. We like that they ensure low latency with a VPS server closer to your website visitors.
- Overall Score: 4.3
- Features: 4.3
- Reliability: 4.4
- User-Friendly: 4.3
- Support: 4.2
- Pricing: 4.4
From agile WordPress VPS servers to robust performance virtual machines, Cloudzy has everything you need to run your WordPress VPS server effortlessly. You will get instant VPS setup, manage multiple VPS from one account, and full root access to shutdown, boot and reboot your virtual servers. Plus, you have access to dedicated high-quality resources, which means you will experience top-notch reliability, security, performance and stability.
Features: The Linux VPS servers come fully packed with features like 1Gbps Connection, NVMe storage, DDR4 RAMs, Full Root Access, VNC, Virtualizor Control Panel, and more!
Reliability: Guaranteed low latency and uptime of 99.95%.
User Friendly: Cloudzy offers dedicated server resources that will improve your WordPress website speed and page load. Also, you will have a 7-day money-back guarantee in case you decide to cancel or change your mind.
Support: As a Cloudzy customer, you can reach customer support via live chat and email.
Pricing: Cloudzy offers affordable WordPress VPS plans with no additional or hidden renewal fees. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans and their specifications:
- Beginner: $7.95/month – 2GB memory, 2vCPU, 30GB NVMe/SSD Storage, and 3TB Bandwidth
- Best Value: $14.95/month – 4GB Memory, 2vCPU, 60GB NVMe/SSD Storage, and 5TB Bandwidth
- Business: $29.95/month – 8GB Memory, 4vCPU, 140GB NVMe/SSD Storage, and 7TB Bandwidth
You can customize your plan during checkout if you need more resources or hardware specs. Plus, you will pay extra costs to host your WordPress website on their premium VPS locations. Also, you can run network tests on your preferred server location to determine if it is closest to your users.
- Affordable prices
- Network test
- 15 Global server locations
- 7 Day Money back guarantee
- Extra cost for premium server locations
- Final prices can skyrocket during checkout
VPSserver claims they have the fastest VPS server for WordPress websites. We like that they have up to 15 data centers globally and operate using a 40Gbit Mellanox network, powered by high-end Intel E5 processors, to ensure that you won’t have to put up with bottlenecked speeds at peak times. Your data are fully secured on their servers which are available in 10 locations worldwide.
- Overall Score: 3.0
- Features: 3.0
- Reliability: 3.0
- User-Friendly: 3.1
- Support: 2.9
- Pricing: 3.1
Cloudzy offers quality and fast WordPress VPS service at affordable prices. You will get KVM SSD storage on all plans, which is known to be significantly faster. Plus, they offer secure 3-way storage to backup your data into multiple drives in case of unforeseen circumstances. You can test their VPS server with their 7-day free trial to decide if you want to commit long-term.
Features: Cloudzy provide fast Website speeds with features like live backups, windows firewall, native IPV6 support, numerous OS options and API, worldwide DDoS protection, intel E5 processors, 3-way storage replication, Anti-spam server monitoring and protection, Troubleshooting, fine-tuning, and administration, IP addresses databases, Migrating domain name and more!
Reliability: 99.99% uptime guaranteed.
User Friendly: Their control panel is designed to enable you to access everything you need with just one click.
Support: You will get 24/7 technical support via live chat and phone.
Pricing: Cloudzy offers high-quality VPS for WordPress at affordable prices. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, prices, renewal costs and their specifications:
- VPS 1 GB: $3.99/month – 1 core processor, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD disk, 50 GB bandwidth transfer. Renews at $5.99/month.
- VPS 4 GB: $15.99/month – 4 cores processor, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB SSD disk, 2 TB bandwidth transfer. Renews at $22.99/month.
- VPS 8 GB: $31.99 – 8 cores processor, 8 GB RAM, 160 GB SSD disk, 4 TB bandwidth transfer. Renews at $45.99/month.
- 7-day free trial
- 15+ VPS hosting locations
- live backups
- Flexible billing
- Maximum security from virus, malware, and DDOS attacks
- Full root SSH access
- Limited technical support channels
Simplyhosting offers a highly efficient SSD VPS WordPress server to deliver ultimate reliability and convenience for you and your audience. You will enjoy lightning-fast website performance, improved search rankings, and a massive boost to page load times, data transfer and overall performance for your WordPress websites.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Features: 4.5
- Reliability: 4.5
- User-Friendly: 4.7
- Support: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.7
We like that they offer a specific WordPress toolkit that is preloaded on SSD VPS WordPress servers to allow you to deploy, clone, sync, update, debug, and index your WordPress websites. You can also enable password protection, update and configure WordPress themes and plugins.
Features: Their WordPress VPS hosting solutions come with the Plesk WordPress Toolkit, SSD storage, KernelCare, Imunify QuickPatch, ImunifyAV+, Smart Updates for WordPress, Plesk Email Security Pro, Plesk Migrator, Google PageSpeed, Plesk Mobile Center, VirusTotal Website Check, upgradable bandwidth, and more!
Reliability: 99.999% uptime SLA and 100% power to protect your website against hardware failures, network latency issues, and power outages.
User Friendly: As a Simplyhosting customer, you will enjoy robust and super fast managed VPS with optimized features for WordPress.
Support: You can get help via call, live chat or fill out a form to reach their support team. They are available 24/7 and always happy to resolve your technical issues and questions.
Pricing: Simply Hosting provides high-end dedicated WordPress VPS servers with no refund policy because they have total confidence in the quality of their services. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans and their specifications:
- Self Managed SSD VPS: £2.50/month – 1 vCPU, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD. Renews at £4.99/month.
- Managed VPS 2: £24.99/month – 2vCPU, 4 GB RAM, and 40 GB SSD.
- Managed VPS 3: £29.99/month – 4vCPU, 8 GB RAM, and 80 GB SSD.
- Managed VPS 4: £39.99/month – 8vCPU, 16 GB RAM, and 160 GB SSD.
- Intel Xeon processors
- 100% power and 99.999% uptime SLA
- Plesk control panel
- Managed VPS solutions
- WordPress specific features
- Linux and Windows server OS
- Doesn’t sell or offer a free domain name
OVHcloud offers next-generation components in a dedicated environment and is powered by an intel architecture and NVMe SSD storage to deliver optimal performance for your WordPress websites. You can manage your WordPress websites in a server environment that suits your needs. We like that they help you avoid the hassle of hardware constraints with scalable resources to get full control over your machine. They also offer pre-installed Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Overall Score: 1.6
- Features: 1.6
- Reliability: 1.6
- User-Friendly: 1.6
- Support: 1.3
- Pricing: 2.0
To help you avoid traffic issues on your websites, OVHcloud offers unlimited traffic on their servers with a maximum bandwidth of 2Gbit/s to allow high volumes of traffic for optimal performance for your customers. They claim that their infrastructure offers minimal latency and hardware availability guaranteed by SLA to ensure stable and reliable VPS service for WordPress.
Features: OVHcloud has great features optimized to boost the performance of your WordPress websites. You will get IPV4 and IPV6 addresses, Anti DDoS, KVM-based SSD, API, snapshots, automated backups, additional disks, and more!
Reliability: 99.9% service level agreement (SLA) and low latency across 8 data center locations.
User Friendly: You can store and secure your website data with backup options. Plus, you will enjoy a stable and reliable service.
Support: As an OVHcloud customer, you can reach their technical support via the help center with standard, business, premium, and enterprise support available via live chat, phone and ticket.
Pricing: OVHcloud prices are affordable with a blend of quality resources and features. Here is a cost breakdown of their WordPress VPS plans, specifications and renewal costs:
- Value: $5.52/month – 1 vCore, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD NVMe, and 250 Mbps unmetered. Renews at $6.
- Essential: $10/month – 2 vCore, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB SSD NVMe, and 500 Mbps unmetered. Renews at $11.50.
- Comfort: $21.16/month – 4 vCore, 8 GB RAM, 160 GB SSD NVMe, and 1 Gbps unmetered. Renews at $23
- Elite: 8 vCore, 8 – 32 GB RAM, 160 – 640 GB SSD NVMe, and 2 Gbps. Renews at $34.
- Customisable, scalable and easy-to-use VPS
- Up to 2 Gbit/s bandwidth and unlimited traffic
- 99.99% SLA
- NVMe SSD storage
- Slow response on standard support
- No free trial
- Bandwidth is reduced if the monthly quota is exceeded.
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best VPS Hosting for WordPress – Final Recommendations
Our top 10 VPS hosting for WordPress were bought and tested to bring you affordable and top-quality hosting providers offering optimum performance and reliability. The main aim of VPS hosting for WordPress is to allow you access premium WordPress performance with VPS servers partitioned at the OS level with respect to your needs. Even though you are sharing a physical server with other users, you have access to control your website with full root access like a dedicated server.
Here are a few key takeaways:
- If you don’t have any technical hosting or management knowledge, it is advisable to go for a fully managed VPS hosting for WordPress.
- Choose a data center that is in close proximity to your users for low latency and a service level agreement of a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- It’s important to evaluate the resources you need before committing to a plan. However, since all the providers in our top 10 list offer scalable resources, you can upgrade at any time.
Our Ranking Factors for WordPress VPS hosting
The top 10 best VPS hosting for WordPress were reviewed based on ranking factors like features, site speed, user reviews, reliability, customer support, scaling potential and more! Our hosting experts bought and tested WordPress VPS plans. Each of the factors was assigned a percentage to rate each VPS provider to arrive at the overall ranking.
- User reviews 30%
- Performance and reliability 10%
- Types of hosting offered 5%
- Customer support 10%
- Site speed 8%
- Bandwidth and storage 3%
- Traffic volume 4%
- Scaling potential 4%
- Features included 10%
- Ease of use 4%
- Starting price 4%
- Money back guarantee 3%
- Other factors 5%
What is WordPress VPS hosting, and who is it for?
VPS hosting is like a shared hosting plan in a dedicated hosting environment. With VPS hosting, your WordPress website files are partitioned and stored at the OS level to act as your virtual server.
WordPress VPS hosting is specifically optimized to host WordPress websites and works similar to any VPS hosting. Each plan is tailored to meet WordPress hosting requirements or prerequisites like support for PHP version 7.5 or higher, MySQL database or MariaDB, at least 1 GB storage space, 1.0GHz and 512 MB of RAM.
WordPress VPS hosting is recommended for website users who want to upgrade from a shared WordPress plan, and control their hosting environment with a great deal of freedom at reasonable prices. It’s ideal for building and hosting websites like online stores, business websites, online publications, photo galleries, and educational websites.
SinceWordPress is the most popular CMS platform, it is no surprise that website users want to host their WordPress websites on a VPS hosting plan for optimum website performance and reliability.
Managed vs Unmanaged VPS hosting for WordPress
The difference between Managed and Unmanaged VPS hosting for WordPress depends on who handles the technical aspects of your server and website.
Unmanaged VPS hosting or self-managed means you’ll take responsibility for the server maintenance and other website tasks. The only upside to unmanaged VPS hosting is that you can control your hosting environment at a cheaper price.
Managed VPS hosting for WordPress takes all the above tasks from your hands and ensures your site is up to date with the necessary tasks like backups, WordPress-specific support, website performance and reliability, server and website security, and updates of WordPress themes and plugins.
We recommend choosing managed VPS hosting for WordPress if you don’t have the technical knowledge to handle such tasks and if you want the freedom to focus on other aspects of your business. Check out our Best Managed VPS page.
Windows vs Linux OS
Since virtual servers are partitioned at the operating system level, it is important to know what type of operating systems are available, what they stand for and which is preferable in terms of cost and better performance. Know which operating system is preferable for you or you might be forced to choose or settle for the one preferred by the hosting provider.
Linux is an open-source operating software that offers different OS platforms like Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, and Fedora. It provides support for the cPanel interface and is compatible with other open source control panels or databases. On the upside, it is cheap and the most preferred option for hosting WordPress websites.
Windows offers an easy-to-use interface for users without technical knowledge. Windows OS supports the open source web framework ASP.net for website development, but it is a little expensive because of the cost of licensing fees. Windows is more preferable on a Cloud VPS plan since it offers features like remote desktop access that allows users to connect to a computer from anywhere.
Benefits of VPS hosting for WordPress
Upgrade your WordPress hosting to a VPS hosting for WordPress and receive the following benefits:
- A virtual server to optimize your WordPress website performance
- A dedicated set of resources and a hosting environment to deploy your WordPress website
- Access to managed VPS hosting for WordPress
- A 1-click WordPress installation and other WordPress-specific features
- Optimum security like windows firewall and DDoS to protect from cyberattacks
- Guaranteed low latency, 99.99% uptime SLA, and reliability.
- Responsive 24/7 technical support to help you manage or respond to your queries
- Scalable resources and easy to use control panel
- Opportunity to build or customize your server resources
- Greater server control and more affordable than dedicated hosting
How much does WordPress VPS hosting cost?
The cost of VPS hosting for WordPress depends on the provider, managed or unmanaged plan and the starting price. Factors such as the number of allocated resources, data center location, operating system, the type of storage, virtualization platform, brand reputation and more affect the hosting cost. Each VPS provider is different in quality and allocated resources across different plans.
The best VPS hosting for WordPress cost between $4.50 to $50/month for unmanaged VPS hosting for WordPress, while managed WordPress VPS hosting cost $6 to $290/month.
We recommend that you consider quality over price to fully deliver a fast and reliable website performance to your audience.