At HostAdvice, our specialists carry out a series of tests and research to choose the ideal web hosting providers for each category.
We rank these providers from well-calculated parameters and cumulative percentages. Accordingly, this category will reveal the leading reseller hosting platforms in the United Kingdom in 2023. You will also realize how to choose the right reseller hosting provider in the UK.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing Reseller Hosting Providers in the UK
- Choose a reseller hosting provider whose services are user-friendly and easy to manage.
- Ensure that the provider’s bandwidth, disk space, and storage space suit your specific needs and are sufficient for your websites.
- Confirm if the reseller hosting package has a functional control panel, such as cPanel and Plesk.
- Compare various reseller hosting platforms and ensure that their price will align with their provisions and your interests in the long run.
- Choose a provider with several effective security features that will protect your site from hackers, malware, and other threats.
The Best Reseller Hosting Services of 2023 (Bought and Tested)
- Overall Score – 5
- Features – 4.9
- Support – 5
- User Friendly – 5
- Pricing – 5
- Reliability – 5
HostArmada is a web hosting service provider best known for its stable SSD Cloud-powered hosting services. It was launched in the United States in 2019. Yet, its servers have grown increasingly popular in other countries, including the UK. The web host easily tops the list of the finest reseller hosting providers in the United Kingdom due to its speedy, stable, and cost-effective plans.
Features: This outlet comes with both unique and improved technical options to provide you with an optimal reselling hosting experience.
Support: A highly responsive and supportive platform with effective 24/7 live chat support and a knowledgeable, professional customer support team.
User Friendly: A decent protocol with an interface that is easy to use and navigate. It features multiple cPanel accounts to enable you to manage your websites.
Pricing: At affordable costs, the platform includes four profitable plans for setting up or expanding a reselling hosting business.
- Sitedust– $25.4/month – 50 GB SSD Storage / 50 cPanel Accounts / 2 CPU Cores (per cPanel Account) / 2 GB RAM (per cPanel Account) / 3 TB Bandwidth / Unlimited Sites
- Protoseller– $33.9/month – 80 GB SSD Storage / 80 cPanel Accounts / 2 CPU Cores (per cPanel Account) / 2 GB RAM (per cPanel Account) / 6 TB Bandwidth / Unlimited Sites
- Web Giant– $42.4/month – 110 GB SSD storage / 110 cPanel Accounts / 2 CPU Cores (per cPanel Account) / 2 GB RAM (per cPanel account) / 9 TB Bandwidth / Unlimited Sites
- Site Nova– $59.4/month – 200 GB SSD Storage / 200 cPanel Account / 2 CPU Cores (per cPanel Account) / 2 GB RAM (per cPanel Account) / 12 TB Bandwidth / Unlimited Sites
Reliability: A trustworthy provider with fast, strong, consistent, and secure web services. It has 99.9% uptime and provides free daily backups across all plans.
Reseller Specific Features – 4.9/5: Reseller hosting providers have a few unique characteristics that are not found in other web hosting outlets. These specific elements make them suitable for reseller hosting businesses. In the case of HostArmada, the reseller-specific features include:
- Cloud SSD technology: Its Cloud-powered hosting servers enable 99.9% uptime and SSD-powered Storage to enable timely read/write without hardware failures.
- Free white label and personal servers: The platform’s free white label and personal nameservers allow you to brand your reseller hosting services without extra costs.
- Free SSL: The host’s free SSL ensures secure Internet connections for all websites.
- Malware protection and WAF: Its free malware protection and a web application firewall (WAF) protect your web programs from malware and application layer attacks, respectively.
- Free LiteSpeed web server: Its LiteSpeed web server is optimized to maintain a low number of clients per server, thus facilitating low server load and optimum server performance.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent website speed
- Unlimited websites across all plans
- Decent support
- WordPress optimization
- Free daily backups
- Free domain transfer and registration
- Free SSL certificates for all domains
- Website restoration
- Easy-to-use website builder
- HostArmada is a relatively new web hosting provider.
- Overall Score – 4.9
- Features – 4.8
- Support – 4.9
- User Friendly – 4.9
- Pricing – 4.8
- Reliability – 4.9
Verpex was launched in London in 2019. Hence, it has a strong reputation among UK residents. The provider is famous for its simple manager interface and effective built-in tools. It ranks highly among the superior reseller hosting providers in the UK due to its fast, reliable, and feature-rich reseller hosting packages.
Verpex offers three plans with unique specifications for different levels of the reselling hosting business, Start-up Reseller, Ultimate Reseller, and Pro-Reseller. The provider gives you full control of your reseller hosting business, server space, and hosting resources and their support team has an in-depth understanding of web services and businesses in the United Kingdom
We like that the provider utilizes a Lightweight Virtual Environment (LVE) to protect you from data access and theft and that they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Features: A decent reselling hosting platform with several modern components and tools suitable for CMS applications.
Support: A well-designed support system for assisting clients and providing helpful answers at all times, both directly and indirectly.
User Friendly: This provider is equipped with a straightforward management interface and various built-in devices.
Pricing: It offers three reseller hosting plans with different appealing features at decent rates.
- Start-up Reseller– $18/month – 50 GB SSD Storage – 15 cPanel accounts – 2 GB LVE RAM (per cPanel) / Unlimited Bandwidth
- Pro Reseller– $29.99/month – 250 GB SSD Storage / 50 cPanel accounts / 2 GB LVE RAM (per cPanel) / Unlimited Bandwidth
- Ultimate Reseller– $59.99/month – Unlimited SSD Storage – 50 cPanel accounts – 4 GB LVE RAM (per cPanel) / Unlimited Bandwidth
Reliability: Fast and well-protected reseller hosting software with daily backups and 99.5% uptime guarantee.
Reseller Specific Features – 4.7/5: SSD-based storage, Multiple cPanel accounts, Softaculous one-click installer, White label, Free SSL certificates and LiteSpeed web server.
Pros and Cons
- Free domain registration and transfer
- Free website migrations
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 helpful and responsive support
- Free SSL certificates
- Rich in contemporary web hosting features
- Relatively new reseller hosting provider
- It has less uptime (99.5%) than most host providers (99.9%).
- It doesn’t offer dedicated servers.
- Overall Score – 4.5
- Features – 4.4
- Support – 4.7
- User Friendly – 4.5
- Pricing – 4.3
- Reliability – 4.5
Although founded in the US in 2016, ChemiCloud ranks among the most remarkable reseller hosting providers in the UK. This platform offers four reseller-friendly plans offering unique features. It is famous for its fast and reliable hosting.
ChemiCloud offers decent discounts and money-back guarantee. You can subscribe to the provider’s reseller hosting plans at discounted prices for the first month and get a 45-day money-back guarantee. With their qualified and consistent customer service team, you can contact the customer service team via live chat, telephone, support ticket, and email and get a quick response any time of the day. We like that they offer many freebies including free daily backups, free SSL, free malware removal, and free website migration
Features: This provider comes with several useful tools and allows you to install more applications.
Support: It has a round-the-clock support team that responds quickly and efficiently.
User Friendly: The host utilizes popular elements, such as cPanel, Softaculous installer, and the website builder Weebly.
Pricing: Chemicloud’s reseller plans and paid features are a bit expensive, at least when compared to other hosts.
- Kickstart– $29.95/month – 60 GB NVMe Storage / 3 TB Bandwidth / 30 cPanel Accounts
- Grow– $39.95/month – 90 GB NVMe Storage / 6 TB Bandwidth / 60 cPanel Accounts
- Expand– $54.95/month – 140 GB NVMe Storage / 9 TB Bandwidth / 80 cPanel Accounts
- Established– $69.95/month – 60 GB NVMe Storage / 12 TB Bandwidth / 100 cPanel Accounts
Reliability: It performs as expected thanks to its LiteSpeed caching, 99.99% uptime guarantee, and HTTP/-2 servers.
Reseller Specific Features: 4.5/5: ChemiCloud’s reseller programs operate with NVMe-powered storage, an advanced storage form that is faster and more encrypted than SSD. They also feature multiple cPanel accounts and can support unlimited websites. Similarly, the provider’s reseller plans offer you free Bresta, with the higher plans also providing you with WHMCS.
Pros and Cons
- Unrestricted domain for life
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- 99.99% uptime
- Relatively new hosting provider
- Slightly expensive plans
StableHost is a powerful web hosting provider that offers feature-rich reseller hosting plans that will definitely provide you with everything you need to sell reseller hosting and make money successfully. It also offers fast loading speeds and performance, but the area where it truly shines is in customer support. So, if you need professional help at your beck and call 24/7, then StableHost is the right option for you.
- Overall Score: 4.3
- Pricing: 4.1
- Features: 4.2
- Performance: 4.3
- Support: 4.5
- User Friendly: 4.3
Pricing: With this web host, you can choose from three reseller hosting plans – Basic, Pro, and Plus. The “Basic” reseller hosting plan costs $9.12/month and includes 20GB of storage and the ability to host up to 10 clients.
Features: Some of the features that you’ll get from StableHost include unlimited bandwidth, cPanel, R1Soft daily backups, an online website builder, unlimited MySQL databases, Webalizer, Analog & Awstats, Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates, unlimited email accounts, virus/spam filtering, and more.
Performance: StableHost uses fast-paced SSD drives and LiteSpeed PHP Caching to provide fast loading speeds and stable performance. It comes with a 99.99% uptime guarantee, which is excellent.
Support: Level 3 technicians will be at your service 24/7, and you can reach them via live chat, email, a ticketing system, and phone. They provide fast response times, with the average response taking around 20 minutes. Also, on the StableHost website, you can find a knowledge base filled with video tutorials and guides.
User Friendly: StableHost is also easy to use, providing you with the cPanel control panel, via which you can manage all your websites and accounts. This provider also comes with a drag-and-drop website builder and the Softaculous 1-click installer, via which you can install and update apps with one click.
Pros & Cons
- 20-minute average response times.
- 24/7 customer support from Level 3 technicians.
- Excellent performance, a 99.99% uptime guarantee, and fast-paced SSD storage.
- No data center in the UK (but you use the one in the Netherlands and still get optimal performance).
Hostens is a well-established hosting provider that has been on the market since 2003. It focuses on giving reliable performance, affordable prices, and, most of all, beginner-friendly features. With this web host, you’ll get an easy-to-use cPanel control panel, a drag-and-drop website builder, and many other beginner-friendly features that’ll make your start in the reseller hosting business super easy and simple.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.3
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.4
- User Friendly: 4.5
Pricing: With Hostens, you can choose from three reseller hosting plans and four billing terms. If you go for the longest billing term, you can get the entry-level reseller hosting plan for $4/month and, with it, get 100 websites, 10 accounts, 2TB of bandwidth, and 20GB of storage.
Features: Hostens reseller hosting plans don’t have any Hostens branding or ads in them and come with 24/7/365 network monitoring, CloudLinux, SSH access, Cloudflare Railgun, a free Let’s Encrypt SSL, a free website builder, daily/weekly backups, malware removal, cPanel & WHM, and more.
Performance: Hostens uses high-quality hardware and operates on a cloud-based infrastructure to provide stable, reliable, and fast performance. It uses DDR4 ECC REG RAM modules and Intel Xeon Gold processors and offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee.
Support: With this web host, you’ll get round-the-clock customer support, which you can access via a ticketing system, email, and live chat. You can also find numerous tutorials and guides in the provider’s knowledge base.
User Friendly: Hostens has an intuitive user interface that is easy to navigate and offers cPanel as the default control panel on all reseller hosting plans. In addition, it offers a drag-and-drop website builder, a free DNS manager, and an “Installatron” tool that allows you to install and manage hundreds of scripts.
Pros & Cons
- Beginner-friendly services and an intuitive user interface.
- Powerful hardware and reliable cloud-based infrastructure.
- 24/7 customer support with many written guides and tutorials.
- Higher prices on renewal (but they don’t differ from the discounted ones by much).
Best Reseller Hosting Services in the UK: Final Recommendations
Reseller hosting is distinct from other web hosting models because it does not only implicate you; it also affects your clients. Hence, it is vital to choose a reseller hosting provider or plan that benefits you and your clients. The web host’s ease of use, pricing, profitability, management policy, security, scalability, and reliability are indispensable when setting up a reseller hosting business in the UK.
An ideal reseller hosting platform should offer more business-friendly benefits and provisions aside from the essential elements. You should also consider the provider’s server speed and stability, overall performance, support system, customer service, enhancing features, and storage. Consequently, we recommend you use HostArmada to establish your UK reseller hosting business because it offers these features better than other web hosts and will potentially improve as it develops.
How Do We Rank and How You Should Choose Your Reseller Hosting Provider in the UK?
- Server Performance10%
- Server Resources10%
- Branding Opportunities7%
- Management Options5%
- Customer Service12%
- User Reviews30%
- Reseller Specific Features10%
The chart cites the various parameters we observed to rank the optimum reseller hosting providers in the UK. We carry out regular independent tests and studies to determine our results. Subsequently, we weigh our independent findings with actual user reviews to attain each provider’s ratings. Note that a substantial 30% of the final scores come from honest and well-screened customer reviews.
We devoted significant time and effort to specifically test for the first-rate reseller hosting sources in the UK and determine what factors should influence the ranking system. Each factor’s rating was taken into account for all the providers. Finally, the providers’ overall scores were calculated from the average rating and percentages.
Here are the factors we studied to rank this category, their assigned percentages, and why you should consider them before choosing a reseller hosting provider or plan:
- Server Performance (10%): It is crucial to observe the web host’s performance (speed and uptime) before choosing it for reseller hosting. Your server’s response time should not exceed 600 ms. In addition, its uptime (operational time) should not be less than 99.5%.
- Server Resources (10%): Some important server resources to evaluate are the hardware features, CPU, bandwidth, RAM, storage, and server type.
- Branding Opportunities (7%): A decent reseller host should enable you to rebrand the web hosting services and other features. Thus, it is best to choose a white-label reseller hosting platform.
- Management Options (5%): Your reseller hosting provider should allow you to control most or all of its features. The ideal choice will be to choose a provider or plan with excellent management options, like WHM, and sufficient control panel accounts.
- Customer Service (12%): Customer service matters a lot when choosing a reseller web host. Preferably, the customer support should be convenient, offer 24/7/365 assistance, and possess an adequate knowledge base.
- Pricing (3%): Choose a web host plan or provider that benefits you. Some reseller hosting media offer special discounts for a specified period.
- User Reviews (30%): User reviews are the most practical factor to consider because it reveals the platform’s hidden advantages and drawbacks. It would help to select a reseller hosting provider or plan with generally positive customer reviews.
- Reseller Specific Features (10%): Some web hosts come with special features that enhance reseller hostings, such as white labels and user-definable control panels. So, it makes perfect sense to pick a web host with considerable reseller-specific features.
- Scalability (5%): An ideal reseller hosting provider or plan should provide room for expansion. Therefore, you need to choose a web host with excellent scaling options.
- Other Important Features (8%): It’s best to choose a reseller hosting platform that you can optimize with additional software and plugins. The web host should also offer solid security.
What Is Reseller Hosting and Who Is it For?
Reseller hosting enables you to rent or purchase disk space, bandwidth, and other web hosting features from a web host and retail them to a third party. Typically, it features multiple control panel accounts that allow you to launch websites, manage domains, create email accounts, and sort web files. This web hosting model also involves multiple customers sharing one server like shared hosting. However, reseller hosting does not only permit you to share your server with other websites; you also host the websites.
Reseller hosting is mostly used by web designers and developers with regular customers. It allows them to render web hosting services to their customer base. Similarly, you can use this model if you intend to establish a web hosting business for profit without a physical web hosting facility.